Chapter 6

"Alright Ms. Germanotta you look to be 4 weeks and everything seems normal and fine." Dr. Shelly says checking off options on her clipboard, as she asked Stefani health questions. John decided that it would be a smart idea to take Stefani to the dotor to have a check up on their baby and the parenting boks called for weekly trips to the doctor so here they are. Stefani was knd of excited to see how the baby looked a 4 weeks. "Okay lets start the sonogram shall we? Stefani can you please lay flat on your back on the bed and pull your shirt up a bit."

Dr. Shelly turns on the machine begins to apply the cold blue jell which makes Stefani gasps a little at the icy tempature. "Relax I know it could be cold but if you move I won't be able to find the baby." Stefani manages to make herself still and she watches as the doctor begins to probe her stomach going towards her lower abdomen which usually is where the baby is developed. "Found it."

"Doc I'm pretty sure that's just a black dot." John says which he's playfully hit by Stefani. "Mr. Wayne that is the baby, he or she is only 4 weeks old and hasn't developed hands, a face, legs and other parts, but she or he does have a hearrbeat. Dr. Shelly pushed a button and then soon the room filled with the sound of a soft and low thump that mad both parents choke in a breath.

"I know its very shallow and soft but that's expected since you're only 4 weeks along but the heartbeat will start to get stronger day by day." Pressing a button paper is seen coming out of the machine which is a printer. "Here's a picture to show friends and family, but Mr. Wayne before you leave I need to have a word with you about what fathers go through during the process of a partner's pregnancy." Stefani gives John a odd look but he ignores it and tells her to wait outside.

"Are you aware that Stefani is bulimic and anorexic?" Dr. Shelly asks which throws John off completely. "Stefani's not anorexic or bulimic." John really doesn't know since the two haven't really talked to each other or have known each other a lot but he's sure she never skipped aeting meals. "Actually she is. Mr. Wayne I have dealt with a lot of patients like, she even has the same symptoms of one; she's anxious, she has low blood pressure, and she's very thin for someone who's in their 4th week of pregnancy because they're supposed to become bloated but she's not."

"Mr. Wayne because of this she is not only hurting herself but the baby and I can see its already straining the child." Dr. Shelly then gives the man a small paperback book. "This diagnoses medical healths and teaches effective ways to help a person overcome these paranoia, and John I need you to take this serious because if I would have told Ms. Germanotta she would have just became even more stressed and blame this on herself, and if you really love Stefani and the baby please help her."

"I will." With that John leaves the hospital room and meets Stefani, who patiently waited for him outside. The two make their way over to John's car in the hospital's parking lot and take a long drive around town. "Hey Stef you want to go out for some lunch?" John turns to look at Stefani waiting for her anwser. "No, I'm not that hungry." John lets out a huff of frustration, that Stefani doesn't bother to notice, knowing that's a lie because he nor her made breakfast this morning.

John gets an idea, and stops at a nearby diner. "John I told you I'm not hungry." Stefani says while observing the diner. "I know but I'm hungry." The two walk in the diner and take a seat at a booth with the two on opposite sides of each other. "I'm Betty and I'll be taking your order what can I get you?" The waitress says as she gets her notepad out of her apron. "Yeah can I get a burger and some fries and a beer." John says while looking at the burger. "And you?" The waitress jots down John's order while looking at Stefani. "Oh no I don't..." Stefani tries to finish but JOhn interrupts her. "She'll have the fattest and greasiest and some apple juice."

The waitress writes the other order and leaves the booth. John notices the stare Stefai's gives him but he just shrugs it off. "While we're not busy why don't we talk more about ourselves." John suggests. "What do you want to know?" Stefani asks. "We can just talk about names and childhood and just stuff." Bradley suggests. "My name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, I like to read books or bake, I'm 31, and I wasn't planning on becoming pregnant." Stefani chuckles a bit towards the end.

"That's a long middle name." John says noticing Sefani has 2 middle names. "Yeah I was named after my father's sister and the Angelina part comes from my dad's mother name." Stefani explains. "Oh you and her were close." John asks. "Not really in fact she died before I was born but my dad always said she would live on in me." Stefani recalls. "You know Stef if you want to see my phone to talk to your parents you can always use it." John offers. "Its okay I'm not talking to them right now but enough about me what about you?" Stefani asks.

"My name is John Charles Wayne, I like to fix cars, drink, and ride my motorcycle when I can, I'm 42, and I wasn't planning on becoming a parent either." John chuckles a bit to break the ice. "What about your parents do you talk to them?" Stefani asks. "Well my dad, I haven't talked to him since he walked out on me and my mom, and my mom well she just lost it after he left and she used to take drugs and one day she just never came back." John says looking down at his fists. He's never talked to anyone about his past and when his child is born he wants to be abetter parent then both.

"I'm so sorry that you had to go through that." Stefani says putting her hands on top of John's. "Its okay." The air becomes quiet and somewhat awkward until Stefani starts to talk again. "Do you really want the baby or do you want it because I want it?" Stefani asks exppecting for the worse. "At first I daidn't want it but now I honestly want it." Stefani looks at the man not able to believe what she's hearing. "When I heard its heatbeat that's when I knew I wanted to be a father and even though we may not be in a relationship other people have I like the one we're in." John then takes Stefani's hand in his.

"John I'm scared about being a mom." Stefani said sounding a little scared. "I'm scared about being a dad but we can get through it." The heartfelt moment was interrupted soon when the waitress comes back with their food. "Some ribs for the woman and a burger with fries for the man, here you go." John notices that Stefani isn't eating so he sits next to her. "Stefani you need to eat I know you're hungry." Stefani shakes her head no but her eyes looks at the food with hunger. 

"Stefani I don't want to be the bad guy but if you don't eat I will force feed you like a parent does a baby so you better start eating and I know the baby's hungry so start eating." Stefani picks one of the five large ribs and applies it inches away from her mouth. Taking a bite she feels an excitment runs through her body when the food reaches her tastebuds. "I knew you would like and I want you to eat until your stomach feels like its about to explode." John smiles a bit rubbing at her stomach feeling it begin to harden as her body begins to swell from their child.