twenty eight

|matthew espinosa|
people have been nagging me non-stop about why i said no to emma's proposal.

i wanted to say yes with every bone in my body, but i couldn't. at that exact time that she asked me i was planning something big. a huge proposal.

something that would leave her jaw droppingly happy. i felt bad that i had to lie to her though, it sucked, but i hoped it'd be worth it.

today was the day it was happening. after  months in planning and waiting, today i get to ask the love of my life to marry me...and i couldn't be happier.

one of her favorite people ever would be taking part in the proposal, and is the main reason why it took so long to prepare. he's a pretty busy guy.

i made sure to wake up a few hours before emma to set everything up. i finished getting ready and kissed her head softly before leaving our place.

i drove to the spot i planned on popping the big question. i decorated it to look like a candy land. anything for my sweet-toothed girl.

after a while everyone involved started arriving slowly and the excitement was pumping through my blood like crazy. this is probably one of the most important days of my life. i'm so ready for it.

"do you have it?" i asked mary. i gave her the ring to hide and keep safe so emma couldn't find it at our place. "ofcourse i do, i wasn't going to let you propose to her with nothing!" she laughed as she handed me the box.

i put it in my pocket and watched as the whole proposal i'd planned for months was falling into place. it'll all be perfect once she says yes.

if she says yes...

the moment came. june went out to pick up emma. everyone was in their places waiting to see the car pull up.

the moment finally came. i heard her voice. emma's adorable high-pitched voice all the way from here.

"oh my gosh! are they having a candy land thing at the park today or something?" she gasped. she saw me and had a confused look on her face. i was dressed like willy wonka so it's pretty understandable.

"why are you dressed like this?" she laughed walking closer to me. she looked around at her surroundings and saw all of our closest friends in something pertaining to willy wonka and the chocolate facory. her favorite movie ever.

"what's going on? matt?" she continued to give me a confused look. "come, let me give you a tour." i interlocked our arms as a showed her around "candy land".

we first met the umpa-loompas (a/n: idk how to spell it lol) which were nash and june. each one of our friends had a line to say, and all of them aced it.

the last people to see were mary and aaron, who were dressed as violet and mike. they're line was leading to the special guest.

this was it. i hope she liked it.

"we may not be apart of it." aaron started. "but we hear harry potter's pretty cool." mary continued. "even if it doesn't occur in a chocolate factory." aaron finished and winked. "what?" emma asked confused and excited all at the same time.

everyone then went somewhere else, and the special guest came out in costume. "oh. my. god!!!!!!" emma screamed in excitement while jumping. she looked so cute, all i could do was smile.

"it's...it's...daniel radcliffe!!!!!!!!!!!!! in a harry potter costume!!" she continued to yell. "it's not a costume. this is my everyday attire." daniel laughed as he approached us. "now, emma is it?" he asked taking her hand and shaking it.

"y-yeah." she stuttered star-struck shaking it back. "well, this guy right here seems to be hit with some amortentia by you. i think you should hear him out." daniel smiled. "i wish you the best of luck." daniel left in his limo. "matt oh my gosh this is like the best day ever!" she hugged me. i hugged her back smiling into it.

"it isn't over yet." i got down on one knee. she gasped. "emma. i said no because, you should be the one saying yes." i opened the box. "will you marry me?" i asked.

"yes!" she yelled. i got up almost immediately and held her cheeks with my hands while pulling her in for a kiss.

she said yes. she really said yes.

we finally pulled away and i slid the ring on her left ring finger and she admired it. "it's beautiful. i love you matty." she smiled looking at the ring, then at me. "i love you more." i hugged her and she hugged back on her tippy-toes as she was short. i loved it when she did that.

emma and i were engaged, and i could not be happier about it.

-----

#memmaweddingcomingsoon 🤤

thank you for 40k? ❤️😂 x aliyah