seventy two

|matthew espinosa|

i'd always wondered what it'd be like to get married.

standing at the altar, waiting for the woman you love to come out in that white dress.

commit yourself to one person for the rest of your lives.

today, i'd be doing that with emma.

i woke up to the view of the eiffel tower from my room's window. i felt excited, and nervous. i'd been told it's normal to feel nervous on your wedding day, so i just shook it off.

i had breakfast on the balcony while thinking of my vows. we had decided to write our own to make it more intimate, since the wedding was small anyways.

"THE PARTY HAS ARRIVED! WHERE'S MATT BITCHES?!" taylor yelled as he entered my hotel room.

boy, this should be fun.

•••

all the guys and i had finished getting married in my room. we were all just waiting for the "signal" to go to the ceremony venue.

"you pumped mr. bachelor?" aaron asked as he handed me a drink. "as ever." i replied taking a sip.

"you should be, emma's the ONE." taylor teased. "i know she is, it's why i'm marrying her."  i replied with honesty in my voice.

"another day, another wedding. aren't our lives just fun!?" nash said with just a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"well we were all blessed with amazing women in our lives at the same time." taylor quoted.

he wasn't wrong.

the girls were amazing women, phenomenal even. also, at the same time, which is also pretty amazing.

in this moment i just wanted to think about how lucky i was.

i have amazing people around me; a gracious woman by my said, supportive friends, big family, etc. i feel truly blessed.

"YO! MATT!" taylor's yelling broke my thoughts. "what?" i asked. "it's time." aaron said as he stood up.

•••

it was person after person walking down, and then the moment came. for that one person, THE person to walk down in that gorgeous white gown.

and boy, was it gorgeous.

emma's father handed her over to me, and all i could think was wow. i was speechless.

the ceremony went on and then it was time for our vows.

i was so starstruck with emma, i had totally forgotton mine. so, i said what i was thinking right in that moment.

"i vow to be by your side, no matter the circumstances. i vow to belive in you, confide in you, and trust you till the day i die." "i vow to call you beautiful every morning when i wake up, and every night before i go to sleep." she giggled at that part.

"i vow to be there, the good and the bad, sickness and in health." "i vow to watch every harry potter movie with you when your sad. to get you your favorite snacks when you're on your period." "and most importantly, to love and take care of you for the rest of my life." i finished as she wiped some tears she had shed.

"i love you." she mouthed.

•••

"your hair's messed up." emma laughed as we danced. "i think that's on you." i said. "blaming me now, are we?" she raised an eyebrow. "precisely." i smiled.

nothing could ruin this moment right here. nothing in existence.

it was a perfect day, night, EVERYTHING.

until that gorgeous white dress, had a hint of blood on it.

-----

happily ever...hm 🤔 x aliyah

qotd: what are you going to be for halloween?