Chapter 11 - Confessions

Leo and Mia headed towards the garage, hand in hand. Leo couldn't seem to let go of it all day. They had been playing with Sofia and Nico when Leo called Omar to pick up Mia's purse. He had said he was leaving his apartment in about an hour so they needed to hurry up. Mia didn't necessarily want to leave Leo's beautiful home and family behind, but then again she did want her purse back. She needed to have her phone, keys, and credit cards to be able to function. Especially her phone. Usually she couldn't stand more than 15 minutes without wanting to check it, but lately she wasn't feeling so addicted to it anymore.

Leo motioned towards a swanky SUV in the garage and went to open the passenger door for her.

"What happened to your other car?" she asked as he got in.

Leo shrugged. "I don't know. I was feeling in a jeep kind of mood today," he said, sticking the key in the ignition.

"Oh yeah, I get that all the time. I just wake up in the morning and think to myself 'I'm in a jeep kind of mood'."

He dropped his hand from the key and looked at her surprised. "Are you mocking me little lady?"

"Yo? No, para nada."

"You know, I really don't need to drive you to pick up your purse. Maybe someone else could do it," he said seemingly offended.

"C'mon Leo. I was just messing around. It's just some aspects of your life are so unreal sometimes, and I was simply pointing it out."

Leo sighed. "You're right. I should thank you for keeping me grounded. Plus, I can never stay mad at you for more than ten seconds. I think it's starting to turn into a curse."

"I think it's starting to turn into a blessing," Mia smiled.

"Either way, you're going to be the end of me." Leo stepped on the gas and drove out of the garage.

She looked out the window and continued smiling. Something had changed between them last night. She tried to go over the events of the night in her mind, but there were too many. Besides, her thoughts kept on racing back to the man sitting next to her.

How he had rescued her once again, helped her every step of the way, worried about her continuously. He had been so gentle with her and reassuring. And when they showered he was ridiculously tender. It was serene. She had been completely vulnerable and he had kept his composure. He had kept the promise even she had wanted to break.

"I'm starting to figure out you get quiet during car rides," Leo said.

She turned around to look at him. "I guess I do. I just like to take in the scenery and get lost in my thoughts."

"I hate to say this, but sometimes you think too much, Mia." As if making a point, he reached for her hand and brought it to his lips, kissing it. He returned it back to rest on her lap and laced their fingers together.

Mia sighed, looking at their hands interlocked. "I know."

"It's not a bad thing. You just need to get out of your head more. Do what you really want to do and not think about it. You should try it. Take a walk on the wild side."

"Is that an open invitation?" she asked.

"Of course. Go crazy. Wreck the car for all I care," he dared.

"Well, what I really want to do right now, is this." She reached out for the car's stereo and turned it on. She quickly scanned through the stations, until she heard the latest Rihanna hit play on the radio. Perfect, she thought, as she pumped up the volume until it blasted throughout the car.