Chapter 30 - Re-Conquering

Mia and Leo walked into their hotel room at the W Hotel in midtown. She still couldn't believe he was actually in New York with her and never imagined she would be going home with him that night. After Leo had showed up at her party, the only thing she could think of was desperately running off with him, but she knew she had to act civil. After all, she couldn't leave her own birthday party.

She had spent the rest of the night introducing Leo to her sister and friends. It turned out Leo had already been in contact with Teresa over email, so she already knew about his plan to surprise her and they acted like they had already met before.

Leo had also been really friendly with others and spoke with people quite effortlessly. That made her happy. But as soon as she decided it was a decent hour to leave, Mia had dragged him the hell out of there. There was some serious business she needed to attend to. She was a woman on a mission and wouldn't let anything get in her way.

They had barely walked into the room, when Mia started kissing him and tugging at his shirt.

"Don't you wanna talk for a bit or something?" Leo laughed as he slightly pushed her away.

"No way, we talk all the time. But this...we never get to do," Mia said motioning a finger between them.

"But I haven't even given you your present yet," Leo teased.

"As far as I'm concerned I'm staring right at it," Mia eyed him seductively. "I can't wait to unwrap it," she said trailing her fingers against his chest.

"Who are you and what have you done with my girlfriend?"

"C'mon Leo, are you going to make me beg for it?"

"Depends...you have to tell me what you want first," Leo said pulling her towards him.

Mia stepped back and quickly stripped off her clothes, leaving him running his dark eyes eagerly down her lingerie clad body. She then pressed against him and whispered a few naughty things she could think of in his ear. She didn't have to wait much longer afterwards because he immediately picked her up and brought her to the bed, reenacting every last detail of her request.

*****

They woke early on Sunday morning, mostly due to Leo's jet lag, and spent the next few hours rolling around in bed completely immersed in pillow talk.

"You're wearing it," Leo said reaching for the bracelet on her wrist.

"Of course. I told you I would," she said smiling.

"I love seeing you in nothing but my shirt, too. It's beyond sexy," he said, pulling her near him.

"I like it because it smells like you. Do you mind if I hang on to it? Maybe I'll sleep better at night."

He looked at her amazed. "It's yours," he said kissing her on the lips. "Will you give me something?"

"Well, what would you want?" she asked curiously.

"One of your babydolls. The black and beige one," he said almost immediately.

"So you've thought about it before. You like that one?"

"You have no idea."

Mia laughed. "Okay. So it's yours. Hopefully they won't open your suitcase at the airport."

"Let them open it," he chuckled. "I missed you so much, baby," Leo said trailing his fingers against her back. "I really don't know how I survived all this time without you. Even my family constantly asks me about you...especially the twins."

"The twins ask about me?" Mia said in disbelief.

"Every time I call home. It nearly kills me when I have to explain it to them. In a way I'm glad I'm not in Madrid...I don't think I would have been able to bear it. There's just too many memories. Sometimes I can't believe I let you go."