23

"Daddy where are you going?" Lucas hums, furrowing his eyebrows up at his father. He is in the waiting room with Harry.

"I am going to talk to some people, okay?" Louis says, "Now be nice for Harry and behave."

Lucas huffs and then turns to Harry as Louis makes his way into one of the offices.

He and Harry had talked that afternoon in depth. Creating a plan. Louis stressed to Harry that this didn't mean they were back together, and that he still needed time. They had decided that Tuesday, today, Louis and the two would go to his lawyers office and file for divorce. Then Wednesday they would get all of Louis's and Lucas's things from their home while Zayn was at work. When he got home that night, Louis would be inside asking him to sign the papers while Lucas and Harry waited outside.

Louis was hesitant about Harry's offer for the two to stay with him, but after thinking about it, he decided it would be okay because Lucas needed to get to know his father. Louis did make him promise not to try anything romantically towards him. And he made Harry agree to putting a twin bed in what would be Lucas's room. Louis wasn't going to sleep with Harry. In both ways.

A bit later, Louis comes out of the elevator, laughing cutely at something his lawyer, Ryan, had said. He had insisted on walking the man back down to the waiting room.

"Daddy!" Lucas exclaims, rushing towards Louis and engulfing his legs in a hug.

"This must be Lucas." Ryan says, smiling down at him, before locking eyes with Harry who was about 3 inches taller than him.

"And you are?"

"This is Harry." Louis says, swallowing as he smiles, mentally telling Harry to calm down because he can feel the jealousy radiating off of him.

"Lucas's father." Harry adds, looking Ryan in the eyes as he bends down to pick the boy up and put him on his hip.

"That's nice."

"Yeah, it's amazing." Harry says, still looking at him. Silence pools into the air and the tension grows.

"Okay, well we need to get going." Louis says, "I'll talk to you later."

"Okay, you have my cell, text or call anytime." Ryan says with a short wink, making Harry's jaw clench. This isn't going to happen.

Before Louis can reply, Harry is tugging him out of the building, a hard look on his face.

"Harry stop it!" Louis whines, pulling out of Harry's hand, "You have no right to act like that!"

"Act like what?" Harry says, opening the door of his three seater truck and putting Lucas into his babyseat, avoiding eye contact with Louis.

"Jealous." Louis says simply, "We aren't dating , so stop it."

"Since when does it matter if we are dating?" Harry snaps, "Pardon me if I'm jealous that the love of my life is flirting with someone else." Harry glares, "I love you and I don't want you to love anyone else. I don't care if it sounds selfish."

Louis stays silent as Harry opens his door for him, he climbs in and buckles up, glancing over at Lucas who is asleep, drool falling from his lips.

Once Harry is buckled up and is driving, Louis finally speaks up again, "I'm sorry, Harry." He says, "I wasn't flirting with him." Louis promises, "I am not interested in anything like that right now. If I was then it would be you."

"Why not just be with me know?"

"Because I don't trust you, and I made a promise to myself years ago that d you were to come back into my life then I wouldn't let you back in so easily." Louis says, sighing, "If it weren't for Lucas, then this would be alot harder on you. Everything I do, I think of him." He says assuringly,"And I don't want him to see you break my heart. It's already taking alot to trust you not to leave again."

"I love you, Louis. I'm not going to break your heart. I love you so much, with everything in me."

Louis nods knowingly. He loves Harry, always has, but he's not going to tell him. There is no way he's letting Harry break down his walls again.

He would have to fight. Hard.