three

———

———

"yoongi hyung,

thank you for replying to my message on instagram all those months ago. i was just some sixteen-year-old boy who liked the music you created and posted on soundcloud. i wasn't anyone special, but you responded. you could've just stopped after thanking me, but you didn't. thank you for deciding that i was worth talking to.

you have become one of my closest friends and i couldn't imagine what it would be like if you hadn't befriended me. you mean so much to me.

inside this envelope, i've included a cd.
do you remember the first time we talked on the phone? i sung a little bit for you and you said you wanted to use my vocals on some songs.

well, i took the lyrics you sent to me then and sang them. i wasn't sure exactly what exact tune or tone you wanted, so there's a few different versions of each song. i hope they can be of some use to you.

i'm happy that we have become so close.
i love you so much. i'll never forget you.

i hope you can forgive me when this is all over. please know that this is for the best.
i know what i'm doing and i will not regret what happens.

i have one last request.

go to the park with the big willow tree in the middle tomorrow at 2pm.
sit down underneath it.
there will be five other people there who are also very special to me.
please get to know them and become great friends.
though, i have no doubt that you will all get along exceptionally well.

there is one person in particular that i want you to get to know. his name is kim taehyung and he is extremely important to me. he's going to need someone to be there for him soon, and i think you would be the best fit.
you two have some things in common and i just have a feeling that you two will be able to bond easily and happily.

both of you are originally from daegu. you like to listen to rap, hip hop, r&b and the like. taehyung does too. although he can't rap to save his life, he adores it. and i think he will really adore you, hyung. i've showed him some of your songs before and he absolutely loved them, so make sure you mention that you're agust d, yeah? and one day, please give him his own private agust d concert. he would love that.

i hope that you will be able to fill the void that i must leave him with.
if you two don't develop romantic feelings for each other, that's okay. just be his friend and be there for him, please? he'll never admit it, but he's very sensitive.

keep striving for success. you can become something big one day, hyung.

sincerely,
jeon jungkook ♡"