Chapter Three: Kol Mikaelson

I groaned, three days, three bloody days since I have returned from the dead and still nothing. I didn't even know how to attempt to find her. I didn’t know anything about her, what she looked like, where she came from, all I know is that she is my soul mate, and she saved my life.

I sighed, trying to settle down in the motel bed which I was staying the night in, forced to flee home due to the misfortunes which had fallen upon myself within Mystic Falls I had to leave. If I did find her, she would be in grave danger if the Mystic Falls gang knew I was still alive.

Klaus knew I was still alive of course, when I awoke from the other world, he was the only one to see me, since he was still trapped within the confines of the Gilberts home. I had said a simple goodbye, of simply the word ‘goodbye’, funnily enough, and then I ran before he could get his shock out into words.

Now I was sat in a small cramped motel, the bedside table light burnt orange in colour, a glow which flickered in regular intervals as I tried to sleep. I still did not know what I would do once I found this girl in which I had this bond with, do I thank her? Do I demand her love? How will I know when it is her?

I huffed in annoyance, was there any point in thinking about it now? From my current knowledge it would be highly unlikely that I find her at all, and with that disgruntled thought I feel asleep, helped along by the city lullaby of many cars driving past as night goers refuse to fall asleep along with the now disappeared sun.

“Kol.” The soft purr of Dalia alerted me that I was still in my dream, despite the fact that I appeared to be on London Bridge, next to me was Dalia in clothes suited for the modern-day era unlike last time I saw her.

“Dalia, how pleasant to see you, so shortly after we firstly departed.” She chuckled slightly, leaning forward even more, her feet leaving the ground so she was falling leaning on the bridge, like a young child would of done. “Now I would like to know, if this is a dream or something you’re planting in my head.” She turned as well as she could whilst in her current position, a slight frown on her brow. 

“And why is that of such importance?” 

“Because it will show if what you are saying I should be taken as the truth or something my subconscious mind is just making up.” 

“Well then I guess it would be most use to you if I was actually here, so that’s what I shall go for.” I frowned, wondering what she meant from that, yet allowing her to continue. “I was just wondering what you are still doing in America.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well she isn’t in America.”

“So where could she be?” This caused her to laugh, and not even a small chuckle; she literally threw back her head and chortled at me. 

“I never thought you, Kol Mikaelson, could be so stupid? I’ve heard that you were dangerous; I’ve heard that you were obnoxious, but I’ve never heard that you were stupid. Where do you think she is? Hint, I’ve given you a pretty good clue.” 

And then it clicked. She was in London. My soul mate was in London. 
“She’s here isn’t she, in London?” 

“Yup.” The small girl was now literally hanging over the bridge, a concentrated frown on her face as she stared at one of many pigeons which had gathered on the famous landmark. 

“Will you tell me where she is?” I tried prompting her, the woman’s bizarre behaviour leading me to believe that she wasn’t all turned on up there, despite her calm demeanour which she first greeted me with. 

“Why would I do that?” 

“Because I assumed you wanted me to find her? “

“Well yeah, but that’s not entertaining.”

“Entertaining? You find my love life entertaining?” I asked incredulously, how dare she, this was serious- I have never considered finding someone who had to care for me before. 

“Trust me, mate, I’ve been hanging around for over 2000 years, this is my only form of entertainment- and research.”

“Research?”

“Just because I’m dead doesn’t mean I need to stop learning- I’ve always found soul mates fascinating.” 

“So…?”

“Well you’re the only soul mate I know of, so I’ve decided to lead you to London, and then set you lose- see if you can find her, if you can’t then perhaps I’ll help a bit more, but for now you must set out on your own- like Christopher Columbus perhaps?” 

“Well thanks.” Then she fell silent, happily poking at one of the pigeons. 

“So can I wake up now?  I have a new country to get to, a soul mate to find.” She sighed, finally getting herself fully back on to the bridge.
“I suppose, but don’t be surprised if I enter your dreams more often, I  like this, being able to touch and feel my surroundings. Did you know that those pigeons even saw me?” I chuckled. 

“Fine, but give me a few days, with all this soul mate shit going on, I need to get my evil back on. Give me a week and then I’ll be in London, and then we can talk again.”

“Okay. Good luck Kol Mikaelson, see you in London.” 

And then once again everything faded into black Dalia being the last thing I saw before I fell into a dreamless sleep, all my dreaming used up on thoughts of my soul mate.