Chapter Six: Cece Dawson

One day passed, then another, and then one more, nothing of true interest happening in my daily goings of life. Work was work, dance was dance, and life was life. My friends whirled around me within lives more interesting than my own, and as usual I spent every night alone.

Today was a day, just like any other day, I woke up to the radio- Nick Grimshaw happily telling me to get my arse out of bed whilst playing a one direction song, I got dressed and then went to work. Normal. That was the only way to describe today, normal and boring, and yet I was fine with that. Normal and boring was safe, normal and boring meant that atleast I was getting somewhere, I was getting money, I was improving my dance, and I was tiptoeing on in life.

Diane greeted me with a smile as I breezed into the small coffee shop. “Alright sweet?” She said as she cleaned a mug in preparation to the influx of customers that would happen within the next half hour. I nodded, returning her smile, going out back and grabbing my apron before returning to the front to help Diane set up for the first customers of the day.

Yes, I suppose my life was boring, but I suppose it was a boring I had begun to like.

***

That evening featured my second magic lesson since my dream, and it was with a heavy heart that I climbed the stairs up to Clarks apartment, once again slightly late.

“Ah Miss Dawson, at last you’ve arrived.” Clark mused with a smirk truly punch worthy, that was probably the worst thing about elders they were always so proud of themselves, depite doing only the smallest thing.

Despite this opinion I just gave him a quick apology, flipping my hair out of my air and pulling my sleeves up to my elbows. “So are we performing the levitation spell today?” I asked, smiling at him politely.

“And what would make you think that we would be doing that?”

“Well last lesson you-“

“Ah well forget whatever I did last lesson, for today is this lesson and I have other plans- please sit.” I sighed, allowing my sleeves to fall back to their original place and sitting on one of the uncomfortable wooden chairs that cluttered around the large desk which was piled high with grimoires.

“So last lesson you were talking to me about a dream you had?” He said, pacing infront of me, running a hand through his overly-gelled hair.

“Yeah, and?”

“And you said that this dream was… draining?” He said prolonging some of the words in an arrogant drone.

“Well, I suppse.”

“Do you know why?”

I shook my head, furrowing my eyebrows slightly not understanding how this was more important than the spell I had been practising for lessons, without a chance to actually perform it. “No, sir.”

“Hmm… I assumed that would be your answer.” He said, giving me a frown of disapproval. “You don’t have the same way with magic as your parents have.” He tutted, shaking his head, causing me to shrink down into my chair, with both shame and annoyance, yes I wasn’t the most magically talented, but there was no reason for him to be rude about it.

“Well, as unlike you I have an actual interest and talent in the art-“ I opened my mouth to protest, but the words were stolen before I could even say them with a dismissive flick of Clarks hand. “I think I have an answer for you.” My eyes widened, atlast this man had my interest.

“And…?”

“And I think you may be linked to someone.”

“What?” I scrunched my face up in confusion. “Linked? To who?”