Chapter Seven: Kol Mikaelson

I shuddered, falling back into my seat on the plane. I could have sworn that just a moment ago I had seen a girl of such beauty Aphrodite would have fallen beside her, yet within a blink of an eye she was gone as if she was just an illusion created by my own addled brain.

It couldn’t of been real, firstly (and most obviously) woman don’t just appear and disappear as if out of thin air, and secondly her beauty? Well it was out of this world, no force of nature could have created someone of such perfection, it just wouldn’t be fair on the rest of this world. With hair that fell like a river of pure onyx to the middle of her back, and a body capable of bewitching thousands of men, she was like a weapon formed against mankind, a siren of sorts created to lure people into a pure loving bliss. And then there was her eyes, unlike the rest of her body that just screamed with femininity and sex appeal, her eyes said something different. Her eyes showed power, and not any kind of power, the power that could make fully grown men fall to the ground in pain, the power that could harm even me- one of the most powerful vampires in existence. It was a power that both scared me, and made my blood pump faster with longing.

I sighed shaking my head, all this excitement and all because of some illusion. A mere hallucination that has made my thoughts run wild. I tutted to myself, earning a strange look from the people sat either side of me. I couldn’t allow myself to get distracted, I had a mission to complete, a lover to find. The hallucination was probably just my thoughts running wild, so desperate to find my soul mate that I fooled myself into thinking the perfect woman was stood right in front of me.   

I groaned, resting my head back as far as the seat allowed, this soul mate stuff was starting to get to me. It was just frustrating how the love of my entire existence was somewhere out there, and yet all I could do was picture what she could possibly look like. How is it fair for me to be gifted with perfection and yet only receive a wild imagination of my true love?

***

Several hours led to me arriving in London, a crick in my neck and a weight in my heart as I realised that now despite being in the same country as her I had no inner primal will guiding my way. I growled rubbing my temple with my forefinger and thumb as I looked around the buzzing airport, filled with people both greeting and saying goodbye to their loved ones, each heartfelt encounter I saw causing my heart to pang with longing.

This wasn’t me. Kol Mikaelson was not the man who felt sad, he was not the man who felt longing, and he was not the man who travelled half way across the world for a girl, it was always the girl who came to me.  This whole thing was just pathetic, I should have just forgotten this whole soul mate thing as soon as I had woken up in my healed body. I should have just gone on an revenge rampage. I shouldn’t of come here.

I snarled, not caring about the alarmed looks I got from people passing by. How dare this girl do this to me, how dare nature give me a soul mate, I didn’t want a soul mate, I didn’t need a soul mate. All I wanted was blood. Blood. Blood. Blood. Running thick and beautiful through peoples veins, a life giver to the carrier and then to me. Blood. Blood. Blood. I could just imagine it now, musky and bitter yet still sweet, running smoothly down my throat, a waterfall of life, a waterfall that meant death. Blood. Blood. Blood.

It was then that I snapped.

***

The man that stood, shivering, between me and the wall was miserable, and not just because he was about to have his throat ripped out by a vampire. Perhaps he was miserable because he hated his job, perhaps he had problems within his marriage- who knew, all I knew was that this man was miserable, and to be completely honest I didn’t care.