Chapter Four: Cece Dawson

The next day was a day dedicated to dance, and I was glad that my headache was gone, allowing me to enjoy one of the better days of my week in peace. My phone was vibrating, yet this morning it was due to a text I had received instead of a stupid alarm.

From: Chazza
Hey babes, dance today J  meetcha outside the lil café place you work at in 1 hour? Bring nice clothes to change into after, cause I’m taking you out for din dins, my treat. See you there! Xx

I smiled, throwing the small machine down. Charlie Newman, better known as Chazza, was one of my best girlfriends. She was the first person I met after moving to the big city, and through the couple of years I have lived here she has been my rock. She was always there when I needed her, and even her long term boyfriend, Zane, had become close to me through mine and hers friendship. 

I took my time getting change, showering and drying my hair, before I slipped into a simple pair of shorts and a light yellow tank top, shoving my dance clothes (a plain pair of black leggings and a pink crop top) into my gym bag and then after asking how formal should my formal clothes be, a plain black dress was thrown into the bag along with minimal lipstick and black sandals.

For once I left the house on time, gym bag thrown over my shoulder, white converse securely on my feet.

As I arrived at the café, Charlie was already there, supporting a gym bag similar to mine, two hot beverages clutched in her hands. “Hey doll” She said, smiling at me, her slim body clothed in skin-tight jeans and a plain white tube top.

“Hey, darling.” I took one of the drinks off of her taking a quick gulp, smiling as the delectable taste of vanilla latte excited my taste buds.

“Ready for a day of dance?” She bopped her hip against mine, taking a sip of her drink as we started to walk.
“As always.” She chuckled slightly.

“Oh ofcourse Cece the magnificent dancer, when isn’t she ready to be the best that she can be?”

“Er, never, that’s why everyone loves me so much.” We both giggled, linking arms occasionally sipping our drinks as we walked to our high esteemed dance studio. 

“So tonight we are going out, you’re fine with that right?” Chaz asked, as we got closer to a place which I personally considered a second home.

“Sure, though it would be nice if you tell me where we are going.”

“Hm, nope, now come on we’re going to be late if we keep on walking at this snail’s pace.” And with that both of us ditched our now empty drinks and quickly walked the rest of the way to the dance studios, a light chatter still being thrown between us.

“And five, six, seven, eight.” We ran through the dance moves, practically no mistakes being made within the company of around 15 people. “Well done girls!” Our dance instructor, Max, shouted, his body rising and lowering as he bounced on the balls of his feet.
“Now from the top!”