Chapter Five: Kol Mikaelson

I smiled slightly- the moon reflecting down onto the small alley way I was stood in- the smirk was portraying to the small blonde girl in front of me pure sexual intentions. There wasn’t any. Since news of my soul mate had come, I hadn’t been able to look at the delectable delight of woman without holding a cynical eye. This woman’s hair was the wrong colour, why have fluffy blonde locks when your hair could be a deep beautiful shade of brunette? Well that’s what I thought anyway, this girls eyes were also the wrong colour, a sparkling green that I guess once upon a time I would have found attractive. Now the only feature of the girl which I was drawn to was the regular beating of her heart, each beat pumping fresh beautiful blood around her body. Blood I needed. Blood I would have.

“Hello darling, you look simply ravishing tonight.” Her pale white cheeks flushed red, a colour that sickened me- that was the colour my soul mates cheeks should be changing not hers. “You could have been such a delight, you know?” Her brow furrowed- ah, the human emotion of confusion. “You’re just not her.”  I plunged my fangs into her neck artery delighting in the way her thick human blood squirted down my awaiting throat delighting my senses with the pure joy of a life essence.

The girl died within 5 minutes of my teeth being attached to her throat and I simply dropped her on the floor, her pale skin now a deadly shade of white. I picked the body up, slinging the small frame across my shoulder, not caring if I broke any bones; the girl was already dead, so why should I care? I wasn’t bothered to burn her, the smell of burning flesh wasn’t pleasant even to a vampire, so I simply dumped her in a nearby reservoir, before disappearing once more into the night, my thirst quenched yet I still wanted to drink more. Tomorrow I would be travelling to London and I couldn’t afford to bring any unwanted attention to me there.  

Five more victims fell before my hunger before I fell asleep for the night and made the last leg of my journey to the airport where I would journey to Gatwick airport- from there? Who knows, I guess towards my true love, yet I still did not know how I would find her. All I knew is that I would find her, and that was my last thought before I was lulled to sleep.

12 hours later I was stood in an airport, plain black suitcase already put into customs, wearing simple denim jeans and a tight fitting plain white shirt- a leather jacket made my what would be simple outfit look edgier, giving me a dangerous hint which was attracting attention from several females who were dotted around the waiting room. 

I sighed, I couldn’t take a bite from one of these delectable woman, now wasn’t the place or time- I didn’t want to draw attention to myself, especially once I was in London, so for now I had to sit tight, my gums aching as I endured the plane journey of hell, my subdued first egged on by close contact with so many humans. Humans with the delicious sweet life substance of blood pumping through their precious veins, the veins that would feel as good as I punctured them with my fangs.

A small groan slipped my lips. I need to stop thinking about that, I can’t have blood. My own thoughts were what stopped me leaping across the room and attaching my pearly white canines into one of the girl’s necks.

I came as a relief when I was let onto the plane, my quick and unexpected booking bounding me to third-class seating, where I would be surrounded by blood; pumping beautiful impeccable blood. Blood I wasn’t going to think about.

It took only half an hour for me to be sat comfortably on the plane, the person to my left stinking of cigarettes, on the other hand the person to my right was an uptight business woman, her body clothed in a skirt suit, sheer black tights covering her aging legs as she sat lips pursed her foot tapping on the floor of the large metal container.

Now was my time to think about my plan- what would I do once I reached London?
The question haunted me. I had to find her of course, she was my soul mate, and what soul mate I would be if I let her live her life without knowing of me- we were perfect for each other, so then surely we must be together.  It was fate, and you can’t argue with fate.

I could not make a plan right now, no, of course not:  what if I felt something when I arrived in London? Perhaps something that linked me to her? Something that led me to her?  We had a bond magical enough for her to do the impossible- bring me back to life- then surely our bond was strong enough for me to be able to do the improbable, finding someone who you knew nothing of in London, was not impossible- ofcourse it wasn’t- yet it would be hard. If the odds were within my favour the bond would lead me to her, yet within being stabbed, my family turning against me and not being able to stop the Mystic Fall clan within their attempts of reviving Silasthe odds weren’t in my favour. The only good thing that had happened was her, yet perhaps my luck couldn’t hold out, perhaps once again karma would push me down and hurt me for all the bad acts  I had committed within my life. Yet some part of me knew that I could commit the impossible. Some part of me knew that I would find her- why, because I had to.