TEN

SOPHIE COULD KISS FITZ forever. He was surprisingly good at it. Although, she didn't know why she was so surprised. They'd just talked about all the crush cuffs he got. Not to mention the fact that he was the most popular boy at Foxfire. It wasn't like he'd never had a girlfriend before. Not like her. Well...she'd never had a boyfriend before. Or a girlfriend either, if you wanted to get technical. Gosh, kissing Fitz turned her mind to mush, didn't it?

Then her mind just shut down completely and she kissed him some more.

And some more.

And some more.

His hands slowly made their way from her waist up her back, and though his fingertips barely ghosted over her skin, everywhere they touched felt like it had been struck by lightning. She'd never felt so alive; it was like every nerve ending in her body was on fire, and she was hyperaware of his thigh pressed up against her, his fingers tracing designs on her back, his lips...just his lips in general. They were like a drug. And yet, at the same time, she'd never felt so lightheaded and dizzy, like her body belonged to someone else and she was just a spectator. Like this was a dream. Although she doubted she could ever imagine something this real. She could even smell his minty shampoo.

She decided that when it was with the right person, she really liked kissing.

Especially with Fitz.

Just as she came to this conclusion Fitz's door burst open to a chorus of manic laughs, choking sounds, and screams of "My eyes!"

Sophie's heart almost stopped as she jumped away from Fitz. She was so frightened she ended up channeling and jumping halfway across the room and landing ungracefully on her butt. Fitz was no better. He hit the wall with his bruised hip and lay groaning on the bed. "What the heck, Biana? How many times do I have to tell you to knock?" he asked, his beautiful lips twisted into a frown.

"Obviously at least one more," Biana said cheerily, a bright smile on her face as she looked between them. "Pay up," she told the boys on either side of her.

Dex grudgingly reached into his pocket, but Keefe threw one hand over his eyes, one hand over his stomach, and dramatically cried "I've been scarred for life and all you can think about is some stupid bet?"

"Keefe, I've caught you doing worse," Biana told him, poking in the side and making his squeal. "In my bedroom," she added when his response wasn't satisfactory.

"That was one time," Keefe told her sullenly. "And Maruca was sleeping over in your room. Where were we supposed to make out?"

"Literally anywhere but my room."

"Back the T. Rex up," Fitz said, shock, confusion, and disgust warring on his face. "You dated Maruca?"

"Hooked up," Keefe corrected, "with Maruca."

"That's even worse," Fitz groaned. "She's Biana's age!"

"So's Sophie!" Dex pointed out, but no one payed him any attention.

"It was one time," Keefe lamented. "And she wasn't even a good kisser."

"She was so mad at you she wouldn't stop talking about it for a month," Biana complained. "You really need to get better about not hooking up with my friends."

"I literally hooked up with Maruca once," Keefe said, and Sophie resisted the urge to laugh at his pathetic voice. Keefe also still had a hand over his eyes and standing there, arguing with Biana and Fitz, he looked absolutely ridiculous.

"And you hooked up with...well, it's a long list. Aria, Xade, Braelynn, Haelee, Caelia, Mikaela, Nila, Reinette, Katalina, Arabella—"

"Okay, we get it," Keefe said, and Sophie could imagine him rolling his eyes behind his hand.