Chapter Six

I look in the full length body mirror on the bathroom door. I roll my shirt to my breast and let my five month baby belly hang out. It’s grown so much and I’ve fallen in love with it.

                As I admire my bump Adam comes up behind me and places his hands on my stomach. “Can you believe how big it’s gotten?”

                “I know,” I place my hands on his.

                “Isn’t the ultrasound at eight-thirty?”

                “Yeah, I really wish you could come,” I lie. I don’t want Adam anywhere near the baby, especially at the doctors. I’m afraid he’s going to figure everything out the minute he see it.

                “I know me to, but we’ve been swamped at work. But we’re still meeting for lunch at noon, right? That way I don’t have to wait all day to get a look at our son or daughter.”

                “Yeah,” I smile and look up at him. “Speaking of work don’t you need to be going? I mean it’s almost seven.”

                “Yeah, I should,” he takes his hands off my and fixes his tie. He turns to me and kisses me, “Okay I’ll see you in a bit.”

                When I hear the front door close I pull my shirt up and take it off. Once my shirt is off I take off the rest of my clothing then start the shower. When I’m all clean and dry I put on a pair of jeans, a white cami and a red sweater. I let the sweater stay opening reviling my bump.

                Once I do my hair and apply some makeup, I go in the kitchen to get some water. I drink down a glass of water hoping it will give me a better picture of the baby today. The minute I set the glass down my phone goes off; I smile when I see it’s Jake.  “Hi!” I answer sweetly.

                “Hey, I just wanted to let you know I’m on the way.”

                “Okay, but its only seven-forty.”

                “I know,” he answers. “I figure we could grab some breakfast before the appointment, I mean if you want.”

                “I would love to."

                “Good, I’ll be over in a few,” he hangs up.

                I close my phone and set it in my purse. Once it’s in its place I put my hands on my stomach and rub it, “Daddy is coming over!”

                While I get caught up in the baby, I hear a knock at my door. I quickly drop my hands and go to the door. “Hey!” I give a big smile.

                “Wow,” he looks at me. “You look, wow.”

                I feel my cheeks turn pink, “Thanks.”

                We stood there for a few minutes taking in the moment. “We should probably get going,” he broke the silence.

                “Yeah, you’re right. Let me get my purse and I’ll be ready,” I hurry to grab my purse then head back over the door. “Okay, ready to go,” I smile then shut the door behind me.

                We stop at a local McDonalds for breakfast. As we enjoy our food Jake asks me, “What do you want it to be? Boy or girl?”

                “To be honest I don’t really care if it’s one or the other, how about you? What do you want?”

                “I’ve always wanted a son,” he smiles.