Chapter Eight

His soft warm lips travel from my mouth to my neck. He starts to kiss and nibble on my skin, making his mark. When I let out a soft moan I feel a grin on my neck. He continues down my neck to my breast. He stops kissing and starts sucking. His mouth goes from left to right, sending pleasure though my body.  He leaves my breast kissing my stomach, getting every inch of skin. He slides his hands to my thighs and pulls them apart. He settles between my legs then thrust in. It doesn’t take me long to climax and when I do I scream his name, “Jake!”

I jolt up breathing heavy, not again.

                I look over at Adam and see him move around. He rubs his eyes then looks at me, “Another nightmare?”

                I nod.

                He slowly sit up, “That’s like the seventh one this month.”

                “I know,” I say quietly.

                “What's going on baby? What’s troubling you?” he rubs my back.

                “I don’t know, it might have to do with what we’re gonna do with the baby,” I lie straight though my teeth.

                “I thought we were keeping it? You know starting our family.”

                “I never said we were going to keep it. Last time we talked about it I told you we we’re putting it up for adoption.”

                “Yeah that was three months ago, before we got engaged.”

                “Wait,” I have to stop to put a few things together. “Is that why you proposed? So I wouldn’t put the baby up for adoption?”

                “No,” he says. “I asked you to marry me because I love you, not because of the baby. Yes I hoped with us being engaged and you being pregnant we would keep the baby, but that’s not why I proposed.”

                I look at him feeling bad that I would accuse him for something like that. “I’m sorry for saying that.”

                “It’s okay, it’s late and you’re not thinking clear. Why don’t we lie back down and try to get some more sleep.”’

                “I think I’ll pass. I’m gonna go make some tea and think for a little bit. Go back to bed and get some sleep. You have to be up in a few hours for work.”

                “Okay,” he kisses my forehead. “Make sure you get some sleep to.”

                “I will,” I get out of bed and leave the room.

                I go into the kitchen and make a glass of hot tea.  I sit at the kitchen table and think about the dreams I’m having. I think back to when they started, than it hit me.

                As soon as I start to put things together I hear footsteps coming into the kitchen. I turn around and see Adam. “I thought you we’re going back to bed?”

                “I couldn’t sleep. I couldn’t stop tossing and turning. If my women can’t sleep then I can’t either.”

                “You need to go back to bed; you have to be up for work in a few hours.”

                “I already told you I can’t sleep if you can’t.”

                I sigh, “I’ll be to bed in a bit. I just want to finish my tea, okay?”