description.

YOUR OC'S DESCRIPTION

"ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim." - octavia blake (get knocked down, get back up)
-
okay. so you've practice describing characters. you chose your OC's name. you know their background, their relationships, etc. now you need to get it all out in the open. here's a sort of outline you can fill out that will help you.

✍ again, you may want to write this down, or open a word document to do this in.

YOUR OC

OC'S FULL NAME:

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:

FAMILY:

QUICK BACKGROUND DESCRIPTION:

FAVOURITES:

PERSONALITY:

SKILLS:

QUIRKS:

RELATIONSHIPS:

-

okay, as an example, i'm going to fill this out for my OC, Hazel Hudson, from my book 'Hiraeth'.

OC'S FULL NAME: Hazel Hudson-Kane

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: she has medium length brown hair, olive skin, and brown eyes. her height and build is average.

FAMILY: father = marcus kane, mother = keira hudson, half brother = matty hudson

QUICK BACKGROUND DESCRIPTION: hazel was born and raised on the Ark in Alpha Station. at the age of 11 her parents split up, and she moves with her mother to Factory Station. this causes her to feel displaced, and puts a rift between her and her friends. she feels lost. her mother sleeps with a member of the guard for more rations but becomes pregnant, and manages to have her half brother, matty. they hide him for a couple years but he becomes ill, resulting in her mother being floated and her young brother being adopted. furious, hazel has a meltdown and attacks a member of the guard, earning herself a cell in the skybox.

FAVOURITES: food = blueberries, book = peter pan, hobby = reading, colour = dark green

PERSONALITY: she is over protective, sarcastic, somewhat indecisive, cares about what others think a bit too much, usually friendly unless you really piss her off, can come off a little strong.

SKILLS: she is a huge history buff and can speak intelligently about pretty much any point in history. before her arrest she was in training to be a nurse, but because of being in lockup her education was cut short so she's not especially qualified, just a bit more than maybe the average person.

QUIRKS: she constantly bites the inside of her cheek when she's bored, scared or nervous. she speaks without thinking, a lot. her mom taught her a little bit of french, but she doesn't remember much except for "c'est la vie" (it's the life) which she often mumbles sarcastically at inappropriate times.

RELATIONSHIPS: (3 examples)

- with marcus kane: ever since she moved to factory station she has held a cold heart towards her father and hasn't spoken to him much since. she blames him for floating her mother, and her friend's father. even though they aren't close marcus cares for hazel more than she realizes.

- with john murphy: she has a love/hate relationship with murphy. it's almost cousin like. they fight a lot, and sometimes end up getting the other one hurt, but deep down they both care for each other.

- with finn collins: hazel met finn in lockup. because she was arrested for attacking a member of the guard out of the blue rumours fly around that she's dangerous and could hurt anyone at any time. finn is the first person to call bullshit, resulting in him being her only really close friend while in lock up. they're like brother and sister and get a long really well.

-

have fun filling your oc's description out guys! don't forget to comment any extra tips you may have, or any questions. xoxo