parents.

PARENTS.

"Clarke, you are not being executed. You're being sent to the ground, all one hundred of you." - Abby Griffin

-

parents. the rents. fam jam. let's talk about those.

(disclaimer: this chapter will probably mostly be helpful for people who are writing their story about an OC who is from the Ark!)

❀ so first of all, there's kind of 3 typical positions your character could be (parents wise) in if they are from the Ark:

1. NO PARENTS. (i.e., both their parents were floated or died from disease, etc.)

2. ONE PARENT. (i.e., one parent is deceased, one is still alive)

3. TWO PARENTS. (i.e., both parents are still alive)

❀ obviously your OC's parents are going to greatly shape who they are as a person, and the plot of your character. for example:

- if the Ark floated both of your OC's parents, they may have a burning hatred towards the council.

- if one or both of your OC's parent(s) are on the council and are partially responsible for floating other people you OC loved, maybe they hate their parent(s).

- if one or both of your OC's parents are dead, it will effect how your OC behaves, maybe in anger, fear, heartbreak, sadness, revenge...

❀ the state of your OC's parents will also effect how your OC acts on the ground:

- if your OC hates their parent(s), or if both of their parents died on the Ark, they're more likely to side with Bellamy/Murphy and take off their wristband

- if your OC has awesome parent(s) that are still alive up on the Ark, they may be more likely to side with Clarke because they want don't want to their parent(s) to die in outer space.

- depending on your OC's parent(s)'s occupation, it may affect what they do/how they act on the ground as well. for example Abby Griffin is a doctor resulting in Clarke being equipped with the same skill set that she can use on the ground. various jobs/skills could be a doctor, mechanic, engineer, agriculture, computers....

etc etc etc...

❀ one way to spice up a fanfic / create an interesting backstory for your OC is to have a character from the show be one of their parents. here's a list of possible parents your OC could have from the Ark:

- Charles Pike

- Marcus Kane

- Diana Sydney

- Jacapo Sinclair

- Major Byrne

- Commander Shumway

- Nygel

etc

❀ another path to follow is creating another OC as your OC's parent(s). this is fun too because you can bend and more easily manipulate your character's plot line if you make up one or both of their parents!

-

♡ thank-you to tayloryeun for suggesting this tip! 

& THANKS FOR READING BEANS! i honestly can't believe this book has almost 1k reads, it's insane. as always, keep commenting any tip requests or questions (or you can direct message them to me!)