being a good reader.

BEING A GOOD READER.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours." - Raven Reyes

-

the title of this chapter might confuse you. 'tay, this is supposed to be a book on how to write, not read, what the heck?' WELL let me tell you why exactly i'm writing this chapter.

a) being a good reader will in turn get you more reads. it's a basic law of science kids.

b) obviously don't copy other people's writing, but reading other fanfics can be inspiring and give you ideas for your own.

c) being a good reader is just a nice thing to do and our world is already filled with so much yuck why not be nice?? nice is good. be nice.

-

tips on being a good reader:

don't be a ghosty. i'm not saying you have to vote for every chapter of every book you read, or comment on every other sentence but if you enjoy a book, show your support! it will encourage the author more than you know.

✿ commenting. i'm not saying you have to comment a lot, even if you just say 'i loved this chapter because ____" at the end of a chapter you read, or if something sticks you to you comment 'i really loved this line'. readers who comment on my works definitely grab my attention and i am way more likely to click on their profiles and read their stuff. also others who are reading the book may see your comments and click on your profile too.

✿ voting. if you honestly don't enjoy a book, then fine, don't vote. but if you're enjoying a book you should totally vote for it to show your support. then the book will gain popularity and more people can have the chance to read it. literally all you have to do is take 0.2 seconds of your time to click a little star and it can really encourage someone.

✿ add books to your reading lists. no, you don't have to add every book that you come across to your reading list, but it stands out to authors when you do so. also make sure to add them to your private library too, so that when they're updated you can read, vote and comment!

✿ post on their wall, even if it's just a short message like, 'hey, just started reading your book ___, i love it so far", or send them a direct message saying something similar.

-

okay, those are all VERY basic tips but i just want to encourage you guys to spread more love on this site because we're all just trying to share our creativity so why not share our love too?? lol i'm so cheesy help. i need coffee.

if you're looking for books to read, bc i've used my magic powers to inspire you to be an awesome reader...a) check out the 'sell your story' chapter bc lots of people have commented about their amazing books there OR b) check out my story (plug plug plug)

also, i'm kinda running out of tip ideas again, so PLEASE go onto the 'requests' chapter of this book and comment any ideas you have relating to either writing, the 100 or both.

-

I LOVE YOU ALL TO THE ARK AND BACK xoxoxo tay