Chapter One

"That was unintentional."

"We know."

Grunting, Jisoo shifted his weight onto his right foot, letting Seungcheol, who was balanced between him and Soonyoung, to have a bit more space to 'hover'.

In their most recent 'battle', Seungcheol had - being the oblivious guy that he was - got painfully hit in the foot with a metal pole and was pretty much incapable of walking. He claimed that he was fine but Jisoo had seen their leader's pained expressions when he thought the other members weren't looking.

"I already contacted Yu - I mean, Kyungwon," Jeonghan said. "She said just get him back to the dorms steadily, she'll be there waiting for us."

"Too bad Yixing isn't here." Soonyoung mused.

"Yah." Jihoon, who had been walking next to them, smacked Soonyoung in the arm. "Kyungwon is also a good healer."

"I know, I know!" Soonyoung protested. "I'm just saying. She's been here for at least nine months and she hasn't given me any candy yet. Yixing hyung always gave me candy."

"That's because Yixing is Yixing and is probably the only person on this earth that can actually tolerate you."

"Hey, what's that supposed to -" But Soonyoung had hardly finished his sentence before Jihoon powered off.

"Little bastard." Puffing his cheeks in a stubborn pout, Jisoo could hardly tell that the boy's eyes were open.

Trying to hold in his laughter, Jisoo once again adjusted his grip on Seungcheol (who was getting more in pain by every extra movement that the supporting boys did but was too nice to say anything). "Let's just head back. It's getting late, and I still want to get a couple hours of sleep before school in the morning."

"Same."

"Who doesn't, to be honest?"

"No one."

"Exactly."

~~~

Jisoo had figured that he'd be so tired that he could hardly keep his eyes open, but when he got there, he was bombarded by so many questions that frankly, it was hard for him not to stay awake.

Plus he was a little miffed that all the questions were about Seungcheol and had little to do with himself in the first place.

"What happened to Seungcheol?" "Do you think he'll still be able to play football?" And the worst, "Was he out doing drugs again?"

Seungcheol was - unfortunately for Jisoo, who preferred to stay in the back with his other 'nerdy' friends - a school sweetheart, known for his excellent skills in football. He was also known for being a complete softie and being super-nice to everyone. Including Jisoo and Jeonghan, who he was particularly close with.

"He just broke his foot last night when he caught his foot in a sewer grate. He'll need some time to recover. And Seungcheol doesn't do drugs, he wouldn't have gotten on the football team otherwise." Trying to maintain a straight face, Jisoo answered with as much calm as he could muster.

The gossipy populus of Loen High seemed more or less unsatisfied with Jisoo's responses and was about to bring on another wave of questions. If it wasn't for Seokmin stopping them, Jisoo might have actually swore in front of them.

"Hey, leave him alone. If you have questions you can ask Seungcheol." Shooing them away with surprising effectiveness (Jisoo supposed the crowd took it as an excuse to talk to the all-great Seungcheol himself), Seokmin rubbed the nape of his neck, embarrassed. "Sorry hyung, I should've done that earlier."

Jisoo shook his head. "I'm just glad you did it either way." Nodding to the quickly dissipating group of students, he asked, "Are you sure Seungcheol won't kill you?"

"No," Seokmin admitted. "I didn't have anything better to say though. And it's for your sake, so he'll probably forgive me."

"Hopefully." Sighing, Jisoo got out of his desk (class had ended a couple of minutes ago but with the swarming crowd, Jisoo hadn't had a chance to escape), and walked with Seokmin out of the room and down the hall.

"Speaking of which, what are you even doing in my classroom?" It only just struck Jisoo that the boy, who was a year younger, was lounging on the other side of the school from where he was supposed to be.

Seokmin's face flushed a shade of red that reminded Jisoo of tomatoes. "Uh, I actually came here to ask if you wanted to eat lunch with us today."

Despite being part of one superhero group, the thirteen of them tended to split up at lunch. Jisoo didn't really know why, it might be to avoid suspicion, but he hadn't really thought much of it. Until now.

Jisoo himself usually sat with Seungcheol, Jeonghan, Taeyong, Jimin, Taehyung and some other people in his classes. Seokmin sat with what was commonly known as the '97 line', popular because of their stunning skills, visuals, talents and their special bond. "Are you sure?" He laughed. "I'm certainly not born in 1997."

Seokmin flinched. "N-No, that's not what I meant. Jungkook, Yugyeom and the others are at some kind of dance competition."

"Oh! The one that Minghao is at?"

Seokmin nodded. "They're gone for the whole day. Mingyu figured that we might be lonely, so... he said to start 'recruiting' people? I don't even know anymore."

Jisoo smiled at the boys embarrassment (not noticing that this made Seokmin blush even more). "Sure. I just need to drop off some of my books, and I'll meet you there?"

"O-Okay."

~~~

Turns out Mingyu had invited the entire rest of their group that was at school.

In other words, Jisoo was surprised to see Seungcheol, Jeonghan, Wonwoo, Jihoon, Seokmin, Mingyu and Hansol lounging at the '97 line' table. Well, he wasn't really surprised to see Seokmin, but still.

Jisoo also noted that the cafeteria was surprisingly empty. Were that many people at the dance competition?

"You look like an idiot."

Hearing those four words, Jisoo snapped out of his trance and walked over, face now flushing slightly from the comment. When he was in reach he punched Wonwoo. "Don't say stuff like that."

"But you did." Cackling evilly, Wonwoo's partner in crime - Mingyu - went on to explain to Jisoo in detail how stupid he looked just standing there. Jisoo sighed as he sat down next to Seokmin.

He spotted Jihoon sitting across from him, quietly eating a sandwich. Despite not being particularly talkative, Jisoo knew that Jihoon also wasn't usually this quiet in the first place. "Why are you so quiet today?" He asked, disrupting Mingyu's description and earning a slight glare from the boy.

Seungcheol, who was sitting next to Jihoon, snorted. "You can't tell? Guess who's missing -"

By now Jihoon had attempted shoving Seungcheol's half-eaten sandwich back into the older boy's mouth but Jisoo had already guessed what Seungcheol was trying to tell him. "Oh... Soonyoung isn't here, right?"

The shade of red on Jihoon's face (that resembled Seokmin's tomato cheeks from before) was enough to confirm Jisoo's suspicions. "You're all dead," Jihoon muttered before returning to his sandwich.

Hearing the laughs chorusing from their table, Jisoo felt truly relaxed, something he hadn't felt in a -

BOOM.

~~~
Finally got to updating! This chapter is kind of all over the place sorry
Also sorry Jihan shippers but this book is going to be Jeongcheol and Seoksoo, so.