Rejected By The Prince- chapter 1

Chapter 1

\\Edited//

Niall’s Pov

Niall slowly rose from the dirty ground and stretched out his arms and legs. Quickly brushing off the dirt from his ‘clothes’. If they could even be considered that, they were more of rags that clothes.

‘All you have to do is take the fruit basket to the royals, and if you spot Zayn you’ll hide’ Okay Niall you can do this. Niall thought in his head, which seemed like a simple enough plan if he could follow through it.

Niall picked up the fruit basket he was told to take to the royal family. Making his way through the castle Niall’s heart suddenly felt heavy ash  a howl rang throughout the castle. Niall wanted to run with the other wolves but knew he wasn't able to.

Quickly putting the basket down again Niall moved closer to the window as he didn’t want to scare the wolves away, while longingly watching the wolves as they ran. The wolves still ran despite there being a war between the packs that wanted to overthrow the royal family.

Even though Niall wanted to try to be sneaky and run with the other wolves he knows he can’t seeing as his snow white wolf with black paws and a black patch over one eye would be easily be recognisable. Then there was also the chance of Zayn seeing him and finding out that Niall was his mate, so yeah Niall definitely wasn’t about to risk that.

Niall was finally snapped out of his thoughts as the prince ran in front of the window. Niall watched prince Zayn lead the troop into battle making his heart drop as his wolf began to whimper.

‘Mate, go get mate. Mate is going to get hurt. Stop mate.’

Niall felt tears pool in his eyes as he hear his wolf pleadingly let out those words out. Niall quickly wiped his eyes as he replied to his wolf.

“I’m sorry and you understand why. He will be fine he always is….right?”

Niall and his wolf weren’t like most werewolfs. While most people in Niall’s situation would’ve had their wolf disagreeing to stay away from their mate, Niall and his wolf both agreed that staying about from their mate was best. After all they didn’t want to ruin his reputation.

Niall and his wolf both knew Zayn was suffering without his mate. Could see and partially feel  that he wanted his mate by his side. But despite that Prince Zayn still enjoyed his freedom by sleeping with a different girl every night.

‘I wonder what he would think if he knew his mate could hear him everything he does every night. He probably wouldn’t even be sorry.’ Niall somely thought to himself.

‘Alright ya big crybaby you still have to take this basket to the royals.’ Niall thought as a shuddering breath left his lips. He gently picked up the basket again as he half ran and half walked to the main kitchen.

‘Just a few more steps Niall you can do it.’ Niall thought as he peeked around the corner of the kitchen releasing a relieved breath as he saw the kitchen was empty. He then put the basket on the countertop and ran back to the servants room.

Shivering from the cold and the thought that both the King and Prince hated. Since Niall was the only guy servant, due to the fact that he couldn’t join the war. His huge lack of muscle also playing a part in that. Niall could feel his heart practically breaking at the thought of his mate hating it.

All Niall wanted to do when he was little to make his mate happy. Well up until a few years ago that was. He used to think that if he could impress Zayn then maybe they could be mates like they were meant to be. But that was hard seeing that all Niall ever was was a disappointment.

-Flashback-

Humiliation washed over Niall as everyone laughed at him. It was still summer when everyone including the servant boys were called by the King. Which lead Niall no choice in the matter.

He knew he was going to fail due to the fact that he never did have any luck in fighting.The boys had to fight against each other and Niall got teamed up with a really thin boy with ginger colored hair. When Niall looked at the boy he felt joy wash through him seeing as he thought he stood a chance against the boy. Niall thought that maybe if he managed to win this it might impress Prince Zayn as he was watching the two boys circle each other.

The boy with the ginger hair jumped up and pinned Niall to the ground meaning Niall had lost. Slowly getting up from the ground as Niall watched as everyone laughed at him. Soon Niall saw the prince storm his way over to him.

“You are a disgrace to the werewolf kind. I hereby punish you to sleep in the servants dining room” The Prince sneered before he pushed Niall onto the ground. With that Niall got off the ground and ran to his room. Once there he jumped onto the bed and curled into a ball and proceeded to let out heartbreaking sobs.

How could Niall disappoint his mate so much that he would give him such a cruel punishment like death. Seeing as that was basically what is was. Because Niall knew the reason the prince put him in the dining room was that it was winter in a week and no one ever managed to survive winter living in the dinner room. All they were allowed was a pillow and a blanket as thin as paper. Not even pajamas or anything was allowed as they had to sleep in their rags.

Niall shivered at the thought of today’s events. He was humiliated by everyone worst of all his mate. Niall was secretly glad Zayn made him sleep in the dining room because Niall wanted to die and he knew he would.Because if your mate was to mate with someone else then the mate that was rejected would die seeing as the heartache and pain would be to much for their bodies to handle.

Niall was already prepared for it and was happy because then that meant his mate wouldn’t have to deal with him and that he would be happy after he died. But now Niall felt even more happy and sad at the same time because he had the chance of dying before he endured the pain of being rejected. Once you’re rejected your would and body start to reject you.

‘I love you Niall and would never reject you’ Niall heard his wolf say before he slowly drifted off to sleep. Only to wake up later shivering in the dining room and then he knew his fate had been chose for him.

Flashback Over

Niall sighed wiping away his tears with the thought that all he wanted was to make everyone proud of him. But it seemed that he never could even if he was the first person to survive a winter in the dining room.

Niall was brought out of his depressing thoughts as a howl of victory rang over the kingdom, meaning that the Price had won battle with more to go. Relief instantly washed over Niall as he knew his mate would be okay.

-----------------------------

A/N: This is the first official chapter, also sorry for being kind of short.