Chapter |2|

Naruto woke up from the bright sun shining on his face. He sat up then yawned in his hand. He was bored and with the boredom he would leave the building. And that's what he did.

He walked around the village greeting people who greeted him. He had gotten more popular after the war and the villagers were much nicer. It's strange how fast they changed their thoughts about him just because he became a hero. Sad almost.

But Naruto wasn't the type of guy to hold onto the past. He was a big ball of sunshine, or more thats what Hinata would say. Naruto didn't notice this but even girls seemed to approach him. Offering to buy him food or help him out. Sometimes even when he was with Hinata.

But when that happened for some reason Hinata would come up with an excuse and leave which he found weird. But now as he walked near the park he watched as many kids ran and laughed with joy and he felt a throb hit his chest. Even though it wasn't the same park when he was younger it still hurt to remember the old days.

But suddenly a smile reached his lips. He shook his head, he has friends now, comrades, many teachers. But even so sometimes he still feels alone but he's happy, he completed his goal on bringing Sasuke back and making peace. But...

Watching the kids made him think how filled with innocence they were. Never knew real pain, never knew war.

Again Naruto snapped himself out of his mood. He continued walking until he met upon a swing near the academy, it had withstood the pain incident. He slowly walked over to it and simply grasped the wood of the seat.

"Naruto-kun?" A low voice asked.

Naruto quickly turned his head to the see a bowl head man. It was Rock Lee. He gave Naruto and smile and Naruto did the same.

"Bushy Brows!" Naruto yelled before sticking out his fist. Lee playfully did the same and tapped fist.

"It surely has been sometime, hasn't it Naruto-kun?" Lee said. The two left then continued walking. They talked about all types of things then trained together and ate ramen until it was dawn but soon enough Sakura had called Naruto in.

When Naruto entered his room he was surprised to see the lavender eye'd girl. She usually came after two days from visiting but she was here.

"Hinata! What are you doing here?" He said with a smile on his face. Hinata instantly jumped and yelped before turning around. Clearly scared.

Naruto only laughed, he usually did that on purpose to scare her.

"N-Naruto-kun, when did you get here?" She asked.

"Just now, but hey? How come you're here so early weren't you here yesterday?" He asked.

"Do you dislike me coming more often?" She asked softly. Naruto quickly stuck out his hand in front of him.

"What!? No that's not what I meant! I meant you usually come after a few days." He said, Hinata calmed.

"Well Sakura-san said today she needed me to give you a check up." She said before her cheeks suddenly flushed. Naruto nodded before going off to the hospital bed before sitting down. Hinata followed him.

She helped him remove his orange button up shirt. Naruto simply tried looking away from her soft touch. This had happened many times before but how come his heart raced faster. How come the fresh scent of Hinata gave him a weird feeling.

Hinata stopped her foolish blushing as she examined his arm. Switching the bandages after making sure everything was alright. When finished she gripped his shirt that was on the side but suddenly his hand had grabbed hers.

Hinata looked over to him. His face was serious and he simply looked at her.

"Hinata, thanks a lot for helping me." He said in a low tone. Before a smile then reached his lips.

"I don't know what I would do without you."

Her heart throbbed extremely and her cheeks heated. She quickly helped him put his shirt back on before walking away from him slightly to keep her distance.

Naruto watched her, she fidgeted more then often. Something was up.

"Hinata? Is something wrong?" He asked. Hinata stopped her fidgeting. She looked up from the ground then at him. She was nervous.

"Naruto-kun, I have a mission coming up tomorrow morning, and I won't be back until next week." She said. Naruto's eyes widened. But he snapped out of it before looking away.

"Oh, " Naruto simply said. The last time Hinata had a long mission he felt extremely bored the whole week and it felt weird for him. He turned his eyes to her and she gave him a sad look almost as if she knew he looked upset that she was leaving. But that wasn't the reason.

He faked a smile before scratching the back of his head.

"Well that's great, I mean you have a mission! I wish I had one!" Naruto said. His smile was cracked and fake, even his voice. Hinata could only blink before nodding.

"Uh-huh." She said. Naruto jumped off the bed before grabbing his head band that was to the side he then walked over to her.

"Do you mind?" He asked then stuck it out.

She grabbed it, Naruto turned around then bended his body, his hands on knees.

Hinata's body soon leaned against his back, tying it on his head touching his head in the process. Naruto simply looked down, feeling selfish for asking her for her touch. He thanked her before standing up.

"Well I guess I'll be seeing you later then," he said before he stuck his hand up as a goodbye. Before walking off.

Hinata just watched, she felt sad. She wondered if he would miss her like how she would miss him. But that wasn't a possibility in her mind.

Naruto jumped roof to roof. He soon stopped at the top of a building and he sighed deeply.

"Why is today such a depressing day? " Naruto asked as he looked down. He had lost many times against Lee and couldn't eat Ramen again today. He thought about his childhood and now Hinata was leaving him.

"Why don't you just take everything from me!" He suddenly yelled at the sun setting sun.

People below him looked up at him. Naruto looked down noticing before hopping away. This was going to be a long week.

Wow a new chapter? This is a one-shot! Well it's fine I guess right! Should I continue?