Chapter |7|

It had been a few days since Naruto and Hinata had their friend date at the ramen shop. Here Naruto was, laying in his bed as he watched the ceiling fan spin. It was a hot day. Naruto 's window was wide open. He was simply dressed in a white t-shirt and shorts.

He let out a sigh as he felt bored and hot.

"Ughhh why is it so hot!?" He yelled. He sat up when he heard a knock at the door. He stood up before finally making his way. When he opened the door he was surprised to see Shikamaru standing there.

"Shikamaru? What are you doing here?" Naruto asked lazily. Shikamaru furrowed a brow.

"Well hello to you too." Shikamaru responded. Naruto stood straight before becoming more serious.

"I was sent by the sixth. " Shikamaru said. Naruto furrowed a brow curiously before remembering who the sixth was.

"Wait does Kakashi Sensei have a mission for me!?" Naruto asked excitedly. It had been awhile since Naruto had been on a mission. He finally got use to training with his arm. He was very excited to throw some punches.

"Yeah, he wants us to meet him in his office. This mission is one between us." Shikamaru said before gripping his neck. "I don't really get it, and it's a drag, but supposedly my brains and your strength work good together."

Naruto nodded before running into his room to grab his mission clothes. When he came out, he complained about the heat once again but soon ignored it.

The two of them made their way to the hokages office. When they arrived, Kakashi spun his chair in their direction.

"Yo, Naruto." Kakashi said lifting a hand away from his perverted book. Naruto gave Kakashi a "Are you serious?" Face, due to the unchanged Kakashi Sensei.

"Still reading those boring books I see." Naruto announced.

"You'll understand them one day." Kakashi said spinning his finger in a circle in the air.

Shikamaru sighed. He doubt that an Idiot like Naruto would ever understand them.

"So today's mission is simply. You enter a cave and take back the scroll a group of raiders took from a village near the land of fire. " Kakashi said. " Why I chose you Shikamaru, was because there's going to be a code you'll have to find out to enter the cave they are hiding in."

Before Naruto could open his mouth to say "Couldn't we just break it with a rasengon" Kakashi continued.

"The barrier reflects any chakra based Jutsu, so any ninjitsu will cause the user to take damage. Once inside Naruto can use his sage mode to track down the scroll. " Kakashi explained. He pulled out a piece of paper.

"Here Naruto, this is some of the chakra the scroll contains. Do you think you can track the cave?" Kakashi said. Naruto stepped forward to grip the scroll.

He closed his eyes before his eyelids turned orange. All at once he was hit with Natural energy. He could sense everyone's chakra in the village. When he opened his eyes he could see the yellow energy on the scroll.

"Yeah I think I know where it is." Naruto said. Kakashi looked at Naruto in awe. He couldn't believe how strong Naruto had gotten. He always was reminded about Naruto's actions in the war. And how much he outshined Kakashi himself.

"Then get on it." Kakashi said.

Shikamaru and Naruto left fast. Naruto and Shikamaru were now in the forest moving from tree to tree. Shikamaru simply followed Naruto as he located the chakra scroll of energy.

But suddenly Naruto came to a stop. Shikamaru stopped near him. Before Shikamaru could ask what was wrong. Shikamaru sensed the other shinobi.

"How much are there?" Shikamaru whispered.

"12." Naruto said. "I'm going to have to cancel my sage mode, I don't want to kill anyone." Naruto said. Soon the orange disappeared. Shikamaru came up with a plan.

"Distract them, I have a plan." Shikamaru said. Naruto nodded. Shikamaru jumped down. Leaving Naruto surrounded.

One brave raider dashed down from the trees and tried attacking Naruto, but simply received a elbow to the head knocking the guy out cold. Two more jumped down. Naruto simply dodged their hits. When suddenly one swung a huge axe. Naruto looked up shocked and soon was hit with the axe.

The raiders grinned but POOF was soon heard after smoke disappeared. All ten of the raider jumped down on the same branch before looking confusedly. They held kunai in hands.

"Come out already! Don't be scared of 10 vs 1!" Yelled a cocky raider.

"Hey up here!" Naruto announced grinning. About 300 shadow clones watched the 10 from below. They all looked up in shock but before they could do anything. Their feet were glued to the floor.

"Shadow possession Jutsu complete." Shikamaru said. "Now Naruto go wild."

All 300 Naruto's grinned.

The raiders ended up beaten up and tied to a tree. Soon to be taken under custody.

When the two of them went in the right direction. Shikamaru immediately began analyzing the rock with wording. Naruto sat on the floor. His arms crossed, his eyes closed, as a black eye was placed on his face.

Let's say he threw a punch and received one back. He frowned, pouting.

"Stupid barrier." Naruto said. Shikamaru let out a sigh.

"Was the barrier truly the dumb one." He thought. He always was reminded that he was the one who wanted to follow this Buffon. Making him feel like he was actually dumb himself. But he believed in Naruto's abilities and that would never change.

Finally the door opened. They had attacked a few more raiders, and they were done. Easy.