Chapter |8|

"Hehe that sure was easy." Naruto said as Him and Shikamaru continued their path back to the village. The raiders who were captured were taken already by a few of Naruto's clones.

Shikamaru simply sighed. He held his hand at the back of his neck.

"Sure is tiring. Plus it's hot out." Shikamaru said. Naruto simply grinned.

"It's a good day for a nice hot spring bath." Naruto said. Shikamaru lifted a brow.

"That's not such a bad idea." Shikamaru said. He looked at their position in the forest. Soon a deer appeared.

"I think we're close by to one. " Shikamaru said. Naruto looked excited. Soon the two were on their way to the small village hot spring.

The village had small children running and playing. It didn't seem like anything bad was even on their minds.

"Strange seeing kids these days. Especially with what happened in the past." Shikamaru said softly. Naruto nodded. A sad look on his face from thinking of his past.

"No kidding. Almost feels like yesterday that we were just kids. All I had in mind before was what I'd get to play; or who'd I'd be able to play with." Naruto said with a small chuckle. Shikamaru stared at him sadly. Shikamaru never was told to avoid Naruto when they were kids. His father simply didn't hold anything against Naruto. Shikamaru didn't really see a reason to even.

Shikamaru knew for long time Naruto simply wanted to be accepted. He was glad he was able to see Naruto get what he wanted. That's why he supports him. Even though he didn't earlier. He now will.

They finally made it to the hots springs. The two finally in let out a sigh of relaxation.

"Don't get any funny ideas." Shikamaru suddenly said. Naruto quirked a brow.

"What do you mean by that?" Asked Naruto. Shikamaru opened one eye.

"We're pretty close to the other side with females. No peeking." Shikamaru said. Naruto gasped offended.

"Huuuh I ain't a pervert." Naruto defended. Shikamaru rolled his eyes.

"Oh yeah, eyes only for Sakura." Shikamaru joked. Though he began to doubt his words.

"Sakura-chan? Haha I think that ship has sailed." Naruto confessed. Shikamaru stared at him.

"I've always known since the beginning that Sakura-chan had eyes solely for Sasuke. But it was worth a shot. For now I see Sakura-chan as a really close friend; just like Sasuke. " Naruto said. Shikamaru was impressed by Naruto's maturity. Before Naruto would be all talk about  how he'd get everything he'd want. And beat Sasuke. But he gave up Sakura.

Romance was never a genuine topic for shinobi's. Especially in their generation with all the action that was happening. Shikamaru hasn't really thought about who'd he'd get wed to. He wasn't really close to many females. Ino yes, but he grew up with her and solely saw her as a sister.

"How about you Shikamaru, any females you like?" Naruto said nudging him. Shikamaru was about to reject it but Naruto continued.

"I swear, when I first came back after my training with Pervy Sage; I thought you and Temari were a thing." Naruto said meeting his two pointer fingers together in front of him.

Shikamaru's eyes widened slightly thinking about that. He then looked up. He didn't feel completely embarrassed about this remark. Just simply curious.

"Temari?" Shikamaru repeated. Naruto nodded.

"Yeah. You guys seem kinda comfortable-" Naruto was interrupted.

"Nah, I couldn't with such a loud and obnoxious women." Shikamaru said crossing his arms. He began to think of Temari's moments spent with him. He actually began to really think.

"Well, What ever you say. Maybe you and I will end up single forever." Naruto said sighing. Shikamaru stared at him.

"Does he still not know about Hinata's feelings for him. Or even his own?" Shikamaru questioned in his head.