Chapter |10|

"hhAaaHHh." A loud yawn broke the silence in the room. Naruto's mouth was wide open, his eyes watery from the severly of the tiredness and boredness. Iruka's writing stopped before looking across the room to Naruto. Naruto yawned loudly again.

"Damn it Naruto! Stop yawning already!" Iruka yelled, snapping his pencil in two. Naruto slumped over his desk.

"But Iruka sensei! This work has nothing to do with being Hokage! Why should I care about cabbage carts that come every month from the fire nation-ttebayoo!?" Naruto cried out. Iruka sighed, shaking his head.

"These are all responsibilities of the Hokage, so stop complaining." Iruka said. He stood up stretching his back, eyes closed. "But well, it has been 8 hours."

He opened his eyes and smiled towards Naruto. "You've been working hard, so I'll treat you to some ramen." Iruka said. Naruto jumped up from his desk.

"Really? Alright! You're the best Iruka Sensei!" Naruto made his way to Iruka. "Once I'm Hokage, I'll be treating you-ttebayo." Naruto said grinning. Iruka smiled softly. He stared at Naruto and felt a rush of emotion hit him. He's watched Naruto grow from a useless, no for good prankster, to a strong willed, loyal Hero. He felt his eyes water slightly as the two were walking out. Naruto took a glance over as Iruka rubbed his eyes.

"Hmm? Iruka Sensei?" Naruto asked. Iruka laughed.

"It's nothing, just got something in my eye. That's all."  Iruka said.

------

The two soon sat at their normal spots. Not so long ago Naruto had been there so many years ago, still following a dream that no longer seemed so far away. Not so long ago, Naruto had questioned why he didn't have any friends or family. Wondered why the village hated him. But right now he had friends as good as family, knew who his parents were, had great teachers and a master, the village had learned to respect him. Everything in the past was now the past.

"Thanks for the food!" They both said as they started to eat. Naruto happy as ever, finally having his arm back to eat at full potential.

Suddenly the curtains behind them open. Naruto turned his head with noodles in his mouth. A male and a female walked in. The man hugging her from behind. Her stomach was large. Naruto after seeing Kurenai, knew instead of her being fat. She was pregnant. The two sat on Iruka's side.

"Woooow! Are you the leaf Hero Naruto?" The man asked, jumping up sticking his hand out. Naruto swallowed quickly, almost choking.He shook his hand back.

"Ah.. yeah I'm Uzumaki Naruto alright." Naruto said, smiling with his eyebrows quirked up. The man put his hand in his lover's direction.

'My wife and I are big fans of you! Especially since,  thanks to you saving us during the invasion, we were both able to meet in the recovery campsites. " He said. Naruto's eyes widened. He then scratched the back of his head, with his eyes closed smiling.

"O-Oh really? That's great!" Naruto said, not knowing how to respond. Iruka smiled. It was normal by now, but he found it funny how embarrassed Naruto would get being thanked.

"I'm sure you've also found a wife by now, haven't you leaf hero?" Asked the pregnant wife. Naruto opened his eyes, and stopped scratching the back of his head.

"I'm sure she loves you very much too!"

"Huh? Me? A wife ?" Naruto paused, feeling a strange feeling wash over him. "It's not like I need one right now, right?" Naruto asked seriously.

" Oh he's in his player stage!' "I would too if I was a hero."

The couple took it as a joke and started laughing. Iruka noticing Naruto wasn't joking faked laughed, before putting money on the table,

"Thanks for the food like always. Let's go Naruto. We have hokage training tomorrow." Iruka grabbed Naruto over the shoulder. Iruka bowed to the couple.

"Ah-" The couple opened their mouths.

"Say your goodbyes Naruto." Iruka whispered. Naruto slightly confused lifted his hand then excused himself.

--------

The two walked the paths of the village. The sounds of crickets set the mood of night. Their steps were the only thing heardable.

"That couple sure was lively huh?" Iruka asked. Naruto nodded.

"What's on your mind Naruto?" Iruka asked.

"I don't know. I feel like even if I try not thinking about it, I realize that my mom and others expect me to meet someone and get married. It feels weird." Naruto said, smiling sadly. "My mom said to meet someone like her, someone who'll love me! But is there really anyone like that?"

Iruka suddenly put his hand on top of his head. Russling his blonde locks. He smiled.

"Now Naruto, this isn't something you should be worrying about. You're going to be an adult soon. It's normal to think about these things. I know for a fact there's someone waiting for you"

"Really? Who!?" Naruto asked excitedly. Iruka shook his head.

"You'll find her when It's the right time. For now-" Iruka pulled Naruto closer, having his arm over his shoulder.

"Focus on working hard to complete your dream."