Bayverse Optimus Prime X Child!Human!Reader

Your POV

Dream

I ran to the bleeding-out Optimus Prime that was lying on the ground with his sword through his chest.

“Optimus!! No!! Please!!” I shouted as I ran to his face and placed my tiny hands on his faceplate.

“Go...Run.” Optimus stated weakly as I felt the ground shake and looked up to see Lockdown.

“Y/n!! Get out of there!!” I heard Cade shout to me as I stood there, looking at Lockdown, traumatized.

“You...” Lockdown growled as he pointed his massive face gun in my face.“Die!!”

End of Dream

I jolted awake as I looked around me to see the other Autobots sleep except Optimus who was standing near a cliff, looking at the stars. I couldn't look at Optimus because the more I look at him, I will keep getting his bloody face in my head.

“Couldn't sleep??” I heard as I looked up to see Optimus staring down at me.

“Bad dream. And yes, I couldn't sleep.” I stated as I climbed up the cliff and sat on the edge, now looking him dead in the face.

“Optimus?”

“Yes??”

“Can you promise me something??” I asked as he looked a little taken back by it. What he never had a 9-year-old ask him to keep a promise??

“Of course.”

“Promise me that you and the others can keep my family safe. I already lost my real parents. They said they would come back for me. Left me at the orphanage and never came and got me. Next day, I find out their dead. Killed by gang bangers. If only I had a type of power, I could have saved them. But now, I only have Cade and Tessa. So, just promise me that you can keep them safe??”

“I...I promise.”

“Thank you. If I can't protect them, I need someone that can. My best option is you guys.” I said with a smile. He smiled back before I climbed down the cliff and started heading back to Cade.

“Y/N??” I stopped in my tracks and turned to Optimus.

“Do you know who you remind me of??”

“No. Who??”

“My old friend, Sam. He was always counting on the Autobots to protect the ones he loves. Plus, he was quite humorous like you.” I blushed a little as I smiled.

“Thanks, Optimus. Good Night.”

“Good Night, Y/N.” I smiled widely before walking to Tessa and laying down next to her.

I didn't want to close my eyes because I might have that dream again, but then I thought about my now nest friend Optimus before falling asleep.