Chapter Two: Captured

That words that parted from his lips paralyzed me. He broke our trance by cautiously moving closer to inspect me, looking me up and down. I only looked straight into his cloudy grey eyes unsure of what to do. His Scent was full of power and as much as it attracted me and filled me with lust I knew that I needed to get out of here. I needed to find Peter.

Peter, I should have stayed with him.

I didn't want a mate, not right now at least. I just feel as if I'm too young. I just need time to find myself. I just graduated for goddess sake.  But I would never reject him, I can't bring myself to do such a horrendous thing.

"Who are you?" He got closer, he began to slowly walk in a circle around me as if I was his prey. He continuously inspected me as if he was going to accept or reject me. When her scent hit me I felt a wave of relief. Emily was near, Peter must have made it out and probably warned her. 

'Emily, where are you? I could smell you!' I should have tried to link her a long time ago!

'I'm here love, I've been trying to link you for the longest but your wolf wouldn't let me in. I can see you with that man. What is he doing? Why is he looking at you as if you were going to be his final meal?'  She was quick to respond. I linked her again telling her that I would explain later to just help me get out of here. We made a little plan, our pack is just down South.

"It doesn't matter." I did the unexpected. I caught him off guard by pushing him down to the floor using all the strength I had inside me. Once He was on the floor I sprinted towards Emily.

I heard the man release a scoff followed by hard heavy footsteps. I saw Emily hiding behind a tree, I quickly grabbed her hand and we began sprinting for our dearest lives. We ducked branches and jumped over logs. Further up front I could see a much more familiar background. Just when I thought we were going to make it I felt Emily's hand let go. I immediately stopped on my track and looked back to see where she was.

"Let her go!" her eyes let out nothing but fear while his let out fury. He had his hand tightly wrapped around her neck and a single finger in the middle of her neck. I saw his claw escape and was firmly pressed on Emily's pale skin.

"Come with me and she will be freed" his voice was nothing but firm and loud. He was exceedingly dominant and it was frustrating me but Emily's safety  is the only thing that mattered to me right now.

"No, Sera! Don't, it's okay. Just go back, this monster doesn't deserve to have you." Emily's strained voice shouted as a tear dropped down staining her cheek.

There was no doubt in my mind that would let Emily get hurt for my selfish reasons. "I'll go, but first set her free." He did as compromised not even giving it a second thought, as if I was going to change my mind. Em fell to the floor she instantly crawled towards me standing up in the process.  As she stood up she gave me the angriest look ever, I was truly frightened.

"What did you do? You should have let him killed me." Her voice barely a whisper.

"I'll be okay, I'll write to you as soon as I can. Just please tell mom and dad that I love them and that I'll write to them. I'll be okay, don't worry." I wiped her tears away. I tried to look strong, sacrificing myself is the safest thing that I could do.  He's my mate, there's no way of escaping that.  "I love you" I told her kissing her forehead and turning around so that I could join the man.

"Seraphina, stop!" That voice again, masculine and heavy.  I turned around the pain that his eyes held made my heart ache. I didn't know whether to run into his arms or simply walk away.

"Seraphina, I vow to you that I will get you back. I need you." He fell to his knees tears silently rolled down his face and I wanted to do nothing but to wipe them away and tell him that I'm all his but it would be a lie because I belong to a ruthless man.