Chapter Three: Wicked

I woke up to a dark room. My body was burning hot like if I was stuck in a steam room. My comforter was drenched in sweat. The dress I was wearing clung on to me as a second layer of skin. I looked at my surroundings and hoped that it was all just a silly nightmare but I saw the walls glisten and the smell of pine trees and mint told me that it was all real.

" I could feel your presence outside of the door." I said as I uncovered my sticky body from the silk duvet.

"I heard your whimpers. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. But I'm leaving." The strain in his voice was very noticeable. But he didn't think twice. I heard his heavy footsteps being dragged as he was walking away from my bedroom door and towards his. I hate the way we met and I have not forgave him for the way he handled Emily's life but there was a part of me that wanted him to turn around. I just wanted to talk to him.

I don't remember anything after hearing his feet drag across the hall. I don't even remember taking off my dress, but I'm glad I did. I'm content with this bedroom, it has its own bathroom.

The bathroom was filled with new toiletries, almost as if they were expecting someone. I didn't think twice about running the bath, I just don't want to feel icky anymore.

I got out of the shower and a new outfit was placed on my freshly done bed. The duvet was changed probably since I sweated all over the other one. A red card on the nightstand that wasn't there before caught my attention

Breakfast with Alpha Angello
Will commence at 9:45 am
Not a minute late.
P.s. The freshly stocked closet is for you.
Dress appropriately!

The phrase "save Alpha Angello" played in my head over and over again. " But save him how and from what?" I questioned myself as I changed. What does appropriately even mean? I normally wore my pajamas to breakfast not "appropriate" attire. I decided on black jeans, with a white strap blouse and a burgundy cardigan. I don't know who stocked up my closet but they did such an amazing job at doing so. I slid on some white tennis shoes and grew pleased with my outfit. I was quick to leave my room so that I could have enough time to find the dinning hall. As I was half way down the hall I noticed an unfamiliar scent behind me, it was a feminine aroma. We're still on the right wing of the pack house and no one is allowed her but the alpha, his sister and I.

"Miss, can you wait for me?" Her polite and tender voice barely shouted. I stopped and turned around to face her. It was almost as if I was seeing the girl version of him. The same gray eyes and brown hair. She's shorter than him. Her body is much thinner than his of course, he has broad shoulder with big upper arms. He always wears a stern face and seems much more stressed and tensed while she has a softer face that seems way more relaxed. "Thank you." She softly whispered before adding "I see my clothes did fit you well after all, Angello was saying that my jeans may fit you too short along with my shirts but I see they fit you just fine. Oh don't worry the clothes I stocked your closet with is practically new! Along with the shoes! It was very surprising that we were the same size, I measured the footprint that you left of mud in our hall. As for undergarments Angello said I can take you to purchase some later today!" Boy does she talk a lot and fast. By the time she was done I was still processing the fact that Angello is her brother.

'Save Angello' save him from what? I still couldn't get it out of my head.

"Hey, I'm Seraphina. " I stuck my hand out for her to shake. She gracefully shakes my hand and says her name is Olivia but then tells me that I could call her 'Olive' or 'Olly'. "Thank you so much for stocking my closet." I simply say. When I'm with the Alpha I feel tense and Feel as if I have to be super cautious with what is going on. When I'm with Olivia I feel much relaxed, we could potentially be friends.

"Don't mention it! Now, come on the dinning hall is this way. It's already 9:43, we don't want to be late." She pulls to my arm as she starts sprinting down the hall and then down the stairs. I quickly sprinted behind her attempting to stay at her pace.

We come to a halt in front of two brown doors that she quickly swings open. "And 15 seconds to spare" Olivia whispers as she lets go of my arm and walks to an open chair. I do the same, choosing to sit in the seat next to hers. The hall is empty, only us. "Angello, Alonzo and Bella are on their way. I guess their was some trouble at the borders. They send their sincere apologies for being late." Olivia says as she fixes her leather skirt looking apologetic, I'm assuming it was for rushing us to the dinning hall for nothing.

Minutes passed as Olivia and I made small talk. Olivia is sixteen, her favorite color is lilac, she's home schooled, she's single, loves to read books especially romances and if she could she'd be a doctor.

"Well my favorite color is black, I too love reading romances. Reading in general is truly amazing, books they're magical they literally transport you to another world and give you the ability to live someone else's life and feel the exact feelings that they feel. Do yo-" I was cut off by doors being pushed open. Olivia and I both looked towards the door and saw the Alpha's shirt or at least what was left of it covered with blood along with part of his face he looked nothing but horrendous. His eyes met mine I saw nothing but emptiness which truly scared me.

"Please, go clean up before we eat." Olivia's soft voice broke us both from our stare down. I was too busy focusing on the Alpha that I hadn't even realized there were two bodies standing next to him a man and a woman. I'm assuming they're Alonzo and Bella, the people that Olivia mentioned earlier.

"This is Seraphina, my mate." It surprised me how only five words could make me feel so good. I smiled and stood up to shake his hand. I noticed Angello's eyes lock themselves on my hand watching each of my movement.

"A pleasure. I'm Beta Alonzo and this is Bella, my mate." I shook both Alonzo and Bella's hand they both were kind unlike Angello.

They too were dressed in distressed clothing and covered in blood not much like Angello of course. "Seraphina we are going to freshen up and we will be back down for breakfast, we truly do apologize for being late." Bella's sincere voice spoke as she pulled Alonzo down the hall. He wrapped his arm around his waist and kissed her temple ignoring the dry blood, she giggled in response. Will Angello and I ever be like that?

 Will Angello and I ever be like that?