Chapter Five: The bench

Bella had called and rescheduled. Tonight is date night for her and Alonzo. Olivia is still training in the field and I have yet to make friends with other pack members. I heard the Alpha's room door open quickly followed by heavy footsteps. His footsteps
stopped in  front of my door and I swore I heard the doorknob rattle but the door was never opened and he walked away. So now I'm walking around the house trying to familiarize myself with it, or well only the right side for the time being. I'm not quite sure weather I'm allowed to interact with pack members just yet.

I found a secret, or at least I think it's a secret, door in the back of the house shielded by a supply closet that led to the backyard. I went through it and to my dismay when I heard the door shut I looked at the wall and the door was gone, there was no way back in. I stood in position debating if I should go back to the house or if I should continue on with with my self given tour, "if you look to your left you see a beautiful large tree with gorgeous red flowers" I told no one but myself as I walked further down the backyard. The backyard was truly beautiful it has an unimaginable amount of trees and flower beds. There were so many fruit trees, apple, orange, pomegranate, mango and so much more. I have yet to get over how beautiful it is. As I walked further down the yard, continuously passing numerous flower beds,probably no less than five hundred and I'm not even over exaggerating. I saw what looked like a bench beneath a wooden canopy. I made my way to it.

Approaching the bench, I inspected it to make sure it was safe enough for me to sit on. The view from where I sat was enchanting. Further down was an incredibly amount of land that seemed to go forever, even a little pond was visible. Back in the land of Goldenmoon we had nothing like this, we were a small pack not larger than two hundred and fifty wolves while most packs have a minimum of five hundred wolves. Our pack was half the average size. We weren't a wealthy pack either, not that we needed wealth. As long as we had each other we were more than fine. And if we ever did need anything the Silverbacks; our neighboring pack, peters pack, always helped us out. For instance when our pack was attacked by The Bloodstone's the silverbacks sheltered those who were left homeless and they even helped rebuilt. The silverbacks had more pack members, seven hundred and seventy-five last I heard, but they had a larger amount of land and were much wealthier than we were.

How did The Alpha get to be this powerful and owner of such an immensely amount of land?

Why does the Alpha show no emotion?

Will the Alpha and I ever have date night like Bella and Alonzo?

Did the Goddess make the proper decision by mating me, the daughter of Beta Michael from the Goldenmoon to the Alpha of the Bloodstone.

I mean we're just so different.

I didn't even notice, I must have drifted into sleep. The crickets were chirping, the bright stars glistened and the moon shined bright radiating light to the land. I quickly admired the beautiful view before making my way back to the house. My mind was still a bit foggy from just waking up. I had to go around the house since there was no way in through the back other than a second floor window.

"Seraphina ! Seraphina !" Distanced shouts filled my ears just before I could even reach the front of the house. Before I could even register to who they belonged to I was wrapped by warm arms.

"Olive, are you alright?" I muffled

"Am I alright? Seraphina you've been gone for hours! Angello has had the entire pack out searching for you. I believe he's on his way to your old pack, he thought you ran away. We all did." No. He's going to hurt them. I quickly let loose from Olivia's grip and began sprinting south to my pack. "Where are you going" Olivia's voice chased after me. I dropped my cardigan and my shoes before tearing my clothes to shred as I let myself shift to my gray fur.