#endhatecrimes

The next morning at six thirty, Steve received a text from Natasha.

"Hey, Bucky! Wake up!" He whispered excitedly in Bucky's ear. Bucky was not awake enough to form words, just managing to get out a disgruntled "Mmmvfgh!" at being woken up so early. Steve shook Bucky's good shoulder until Bucky opened his eyes.

"What is it?" Bucky mumbled sleepily before yawning. His long hair was flung about his head every which way, and Steve thought it was cute. He smiled.

"You know how we did that video thing, like, two-ish weeks ago?" Steve asked, practically bouncing up and down.

"Yeah. What about it?" Bucky asked, wondering what Steve was so excited about.

"Well, let's just say it gained some traction." Steve said, till bouncing in his excitement.

"...And...?" Bucky asked.

"Well, that's just the thing isn't it? Since it just suddenly got really popular online, there's just a bunch of stuff now. Like, Tony wants to do a follow-up video, and like interview other lgbt people who don't actually know you. And people all over social media, are, like, posting their support for us and anyone else who's been through anything similar.There's essentially a mini movement about hate crimes now. Some different news agencies in the area want to interview us, too. Bucky, you have no idea how many people are speaking out support for you." So that's why Steve was excited.

"Alright. So what do we have to do?" Bucky asked, sitting up. His hair stayed sprawled in exactly the same way it had been while he was lying down.

"We're gonna meet at Tony's for lunch and get down to work. Right now, though, let's make pancakes." Steve said, smiling and walking out into the kitchen. By the time Bucky finally came out of the bathroom, his hair put into a tiny man bun and a tank top on his chest, Steve had already poured the first batch of pancakes onto the griddle.

"Don't hit the ceiling." Bucky warned jokingly as he opened a high cabinet to get a coffee mug. He was referring to a time when Bucky and Steve were very little, and Bucky had just learned how to make pancakes, and was really excited about showing Steve how to flip them. Steve had wound up flipping one onto the ceiling. Bucky had teased him about it for years after that. Steve rolled his eyes at Bucky, then casually flipped all the pancakes with no issue whatsoever.

Bucky poured himself a cup of coffee, using both arms for the first time in weeks. Steve noticed and smiled, but said nothing, flopping all of the pancakes onto a plate.

"Here, these six are for you." Steve said, nodding toward the plate full of golden brown pancakes as he started pouring batter for six more. Bucky held his coffee mug with his metal hand and picked up the plate with his flesh one. His metal hand worked just as well. As he sat down at the small table, he pulled out his phone and turned it on. He tried to use his thumb print, and realized, for the eightieth time, that he could not use his left thumb on his phone. Sighing, he used his right hand to type in his passcode.

What Steve said was true: the two of them were all over the internet, and a lot of people were showing support. There were two hashtags circulating around: #endhatecrimes and #standwithstucky

"The hell is Stuck?" Bucky asked quietly, mostly to himself.

"Oh, yeah, the internet has created a ship name for us. They smashed together our names and that's our relationship name." Steve said, sitting down across from Bucky with his own plate of pancakes.

"Yeah, but isn't that mostly done for fictional characters?" Bucky asked, putting his phone down on the table and looking up at Steve.

"Well, mostly, yeah, but there are actually quite a few for real people, and apparently now we're one of them." Steve said, his face stuffed full of pancakes. Despite everyone thinking he was such a gentleman, he really wasn't.