20. Umpteenth masks!!

• She unknowingly walked towards a storm which none knows where it's coming from.. •

***

Nandini is sitting in the Starbucks, stirring her coffee absent mindedly as her full attention is on the last week's conversation with Sahir.

"Manik Malhotra is looking for someone named as khawab"..

That one small statement has the tendency to shook her whole damn world, it's like that one statement has turned her whole world upside down. Although she is sitting calmly but there is hurricane building inside her soul and all she is able to do is a BIG NOTHING. So many questions running inside her heart, leaving galore conflict between her heart and mind which is only increasing her uneasiness and breaking all the belief she ever had.

She picked her phone from the table and dialed a number without giving much thoughts to the unnerving feelings brewing inside her.

Nandini : "Hi! I know it's late over there but something very important has come up which I want you to look personally................. Thanks! Keep me informed.."....she disconnected the call and placed her phone down on the table. Set back on the chair and closed her eyes after leaning her head on the rest of chair and sat in relaxing position.

Aahana : "Boo!"..she screamed in Nandini's ear, as Nandini was busy in her MacBook sitting on the bed.

Nandini : "Ha! It wasn't scary at all.."..she casually answered while her eyes were bored in the screen of MacBook only.

Aahana settled down beside her and exhaled a deep breath as she tried to peak in her work over Nandini's shoulder, Nandini instantly dropped the screen and looked at her sideways while Aahana gave her the most innocent look.

Nandini : "Why you are spying on me since I came back from New York?"..she finally asked her and now Aahana take away the MacBook from Nandini's lap and laid in her lap instead after keeping the MacBook aside.

Aahana : "After 6 months my dear darling baby sister has came back home and not for once she sat with me and talked like earlier days but she is busy in her so called work thus it's making me curious and jealous at the same time. And before you ask why jealous let me answer you, am jealous as I want to know who is gaining more attention than me?"..she told her honestly with a sad pout which made Nandini giggle silently.

Nandini : "In that case I should be super jealous as my dear darling sister is with someone from past 1 year and she told me today only. For this am suppose to be super angry on you my love.."..she answered very casually but with a pouty face and her statement made Aahana bite her tongue in embarrassment.

Her trance broke down suddenly with a sound of her phone, she instantly opened her eyes and looked all around as the soothing music of the Starbucks cafe is now being Disturbed by the annoying vibrating sound of her phone.

As she picked the phone she saw the screen with the name flashing "Mr. M "... As soon as she saw his name every bad thoughts ran out of window and her sanity came back to her.

• My world turned upside down the day I met you, but you've became my salvation & you've no clue..•

Nandini : "Don't Tell me you called me just to check on me"..she answered in her nonchalant tone which irked Manik instantly.