Chapter 6

Kaeleigh's POV

I've been here for a week and all he has done since I've been here is beat me. My face is bruised along with my back stomach and ribs. It was midnight and I decided to call Gabe.

"Hello." His voice sounded through the phone and I relaxed.

"Gabe?" I asked wiping the tears off my face.

"Batman? Where did you go? I was so worried about you." He said and I could tell he was crying.

"My dad's Gabe will you please come get you get us? We will meet you outside." I said and I heard shuffling on his end.

"On my way baby." He said and I smiled.

"Harry come on we are going to go with daddy." I said waking Harry up.

"Daddy?" He asked like he couldn't belive it.

"Yes." I said and he smiled.

Twenty minuets later Gabe arrived and hopped out of his car.

"Daddy!" Harry said and Gabe picked him up.

"Hey buddy." Gabe said then looked at me.

"You look like shit babe." I said and it looks like he hasn't slept in a week.

"Well I haven't slept since you left." He said pulling me into a hug.

"Ouch." I said when his arms squeezed a bruise.

"I'm sorry." He said and I nodded.

"Can we just get out of here." I asked sore and not really ready to move.

"Yes but first." He said then kissed me. I instantly relaxed and smiled into the kiss.

"God I missed that." I said as we got into the car. Gabe buckled in a half asleep Harry before getting into the front.

"We can either go to the cabin or the pack house and you can meet my parents tomorrow morning." He said and after a minuet of thinking I decided what I wanted to do.

"The pack house." I said and he nodded.

"Okay." He said with a smile.

"Look I'm still not all there with the concept of werewolves. Now you were saying something about mates. What exactly is a mate?" I asked looking out the window.

"A mate is someone you love forever and always. You get this warm tingling feeling when they are around and you can be instantly calmed by their touch. We start to be able to find them when we are 15 but some people don't find their mates until they are in their twenties or older. We protect our mates. We would never hurt them no matter what. And when our mates die we often go crazy. Same as if they reject us. Some kill people some become sex addicts other kill themselves. "He explained and I nodded.

"So if I were to never talk to you again you would go crazy?" I asked and his face twisted in to pain.

"Yes." He said and I nodded.

"Okay. So the day you knocked my father out you hugged me because you knew it would calm you down?" I said taking his hand in mine.

"Yes and I was scaring you. I was trying to calm both you and myself down." He explained and I nodded.

"Oh. And I take it that because I wasn't there with you you couldn't sleep." I said as we pulled into a long drive way.

"Yes." He said yawning.

"Well it explains why I barely slept." I said as we got out of the car. I grabbed Harry and we walked towards the house.

"Let's get you upstairs and in bed." He said wrapping am arm around me.

He shut the door and turning on the light. I laid Harry down and turned to Gabe.

"Can I borrow a pair of sweats and a hoodie?"I asked and he nodded.

"Here you go." He said handing me them.

"Turn around." I said and he smirked before turning around.

"Okay I'm done." I said crawling back into bed. He turn off the light before crawling in next me.

"I missed you." He said wrapping his arms around me.

"I missed you too but this isn't going to work. Shirt off now." I said and he chuckled before pulling it off.

"Better?" He asked as I ran my fingers up and down his side.

"Much." I whispered in his ear then kissed him.

"God I've missed this." He said as I nuzzled my face in the crook of his neck.

"I've missed it too." I said and I soon fell into a peaceful sleep.

"Baby wake up." I heard Gabe say and my eyes opened.

"Come on. My mom and dad left for the day alpha business but it's Saturday and the kids are out playing." He said and I nodded.

"Harry wake up." I said and he smiled and I knew he was awake.

"Well looks like I'm going to have to tickle you." I said then I tickled him.

"Mommy I'm awake." He squealed and I smiled.

We took him downstairs to meet the other kids. He was too shy so I decided to take him upstairs and watch movies.

"Okay which one do you want to watch first?" I asked holding a scary movie in one hand and a comedy in the other. He pointed at the scary movie and I smiled. I put the movie in and sat down next to Gabe.

The movie started to pick up halfway through and the little guy stared jumping. Something pop up on the screen and he squeaked before crawling into Gabe's lap. Gabe smiled before wrapping his other arm around the small frightened child.

After the movie ended I put in Grown ups 2. A really funny part came up and I heard giggling. I looked over to Harry was laughing.

At then end of the movie I looked over to see that Harry was asleep cuddled into Gabe's side.

"He likes you." I said turning the tv back to normal tv.

"But he loves you." Gabe said and I smiled.

"He was the only thing keeping me here now I have to reasons." I said looking Gabe in the eye.

"What would they be?" He asked moving a strand of hair from my face.

"You and Harry." I said and he smiled.

"God you beautiful." He said smiling causing me to smile.

"Thanks." I said reaching up and kissing him.

I moved over to his other side and laid my head on his chest and soon fell asleep.

I woke up to someone poking my cheek.

"Gabe stop." I mumbled and he chuckled but the poking didn't stop. I opened my eyes and smile when I saw it was Harry.

"I'm gonna get you." I said and Harry froze and I started tickling him. He busted out into a fit of giggles.

I stop and scooped him up in a hug.

I met Gabe's parents they are really sweet and his mom likes me. Ashley and Andy left the day I got here for some vacation in the mountains.

"Daddy are you gonna hit mommy like my other dad did?" He asked and we both frowned.

"I would never hit mommy she is perfect and there is no reason to." Gabe said squeezing my hand.

"Thank you I don't like seeing mommy in pain." He said and I felt a tear run dow my face.

"I don't either." Gabe said and pecked my lips.

"I love you." Harry said hugging me.

"I love you too." I said kissing the side of his head.

"Love you daddy." He said hugging Gabe.

"Love you too little guy." He said and Harry laid next to the wall and closed his eyes.

A few minuets later I laid down and so did Gabe.