I Did It Again!

[3rd Person Pov.]

"And she just got mad at me and walked away!" exclaimed Harry. Ron shook his head. "You have to consider that she's dating Malfoy. I mean, she's a Slytherin and he tends to favor her." Harry pursed his lips. The thought was foul and he didn't even dare to speak of that consideration.

Hermione put a stack of three books onto the table in front of the two boys. "Don't be so foolish, Ron. (Y/N) is too shy to be with anyone, especially Malfoy," she satrted saying. "Besides, Malfoy doesn't partake in anything like that. Does he? He only likes pure-bloods, so she has to be a pure-blood." Harry had to admit, Malfoy stayed mostly with the pure-bloods of Hogwarts because he was one as well. "Well, what if she is a pure-blood?" Harry said. Ron shrugged. "It's a possibility."

"I'm going to go talk to her after school tomorrow," Harry said to the two. Ron smiled and pat him on the back. "The same courageous Harry Potter everyone knows!" Harry chuckled. Everyone did think of him as courageous. From fighting someone to confronting a criminal to talking to a new student, he was the courageous one.

The next day after school, Harry sat with Ron and Hermione outside. Harry caught (Y/N)'s (H/C) hair in the distance and turned his head to look. As expected, she was walking to the Whomping Willow. He watched as she sat underneath the tree and the branches touched her (H/T) hair. (Y/N) pet the branch and read the book she shielded her face with when they first met and she put a case at her side. Ron and Hermione looked inthat direction. "What a sight," Hermione said. "A tree and a girl being best friends. It's odd, really." Harry shook his head and replied,"No, it's not. It's actually a little sad. She's friends with the Whomping Willow because she doesn't have any friends at Hogwarts but the tree." 

Ron nudged Harry in the shoulder. "Go ahead and talk to her!" Harry cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck,"Why can't you guys come with me?"

"Like you said, she's afraid of Gryffindors. We'll just scare her," Hermione stated. "Now, go along. She's basically waiting for you." Harry looked up to see the girl letting a single leaf fall from a branch of the Whomping Willow and mark the page she left off of. Harry took a breath. "I'll try."

He smoothed his robes and played with one end of his red and yellow striped scarf as he walked to her. She didn't seem to notice that he was standing in front of her. "Hello, (Y/N)," he said. She looked up and panic flooded her eyes. "Hello, Potter," she squeaked before continuing reading. Harry rubbed the back of his neck,"You don't have to call me by my last name. Just call me Harry."

Harry sat beside her and read along with her. "What's this book about?" he asked.

"It's about a girl who's mother had been executed because she was a witch when she was little. When she turned 12, her father was a little mentally ill and her little brother was always sick. She then found a book that allowed her ro do magic, revealing that she was a witch," she explained. "Rubbish, really. Magic doesn't work like that. All you need is a wand and the correct words to say."

Harry smiled. "Sounds like a nice book, really. Do you read often?"

"Well, of course. I'm always reading. Thw girls in the Slytherin dormitory think I'm mad because I read more than socialize and I think Draco is a little annoying. The girls always think Draco is the amazing perfect boy. It's just off."

Harry shuddered. That was the most disturbing thing he had ever heard. Girls actually liking Malfoy? Weird. "Well, he isn't that bad towards you."

"That's only because I'm a pure-blood. My family tree is all wizards and witches dating back to almost thousands of years ago. My family has been working to keep that tradition going," she explained. "I'm practically praying that they won't put me in an arranged marriagement."

"If you don't want to do it, you can always say no." She smiled. "That's a nice thought. Saying no to my parents. They make up the decisions almost all the time. I'm just thinking of maybe I dunno... Eliminating anyone they pajr me up with to the point they give up."

"That's insane! Are you serious?"

"Of course I'm serious, Harry! I want to grow up making my own decisions and I want to be my own person. I don't want to be told what to do." She giggled to herself. "It's funny, really. I would read muggle books about how a princess meets a prince and they get married and I've always wanted that. I never really knew why, but I always did."

"Tell me this: What exactly do you want in life?"

"What I want in life? Well, most would say everything, but I have three things: A perfect lover, being able to make my own choices, and a perfect place to live with my lover."

Harry looked away and into the distance. He could see Ron and Hermione talking to each other. "Do you want to know what I want in life?"

"Sure."

"I want my friends to be happy." He turned to (Y/N). "Including you."

"Wait, wait, wait." She gathered her books and picked up her case. "We can't be friends. Never. You're a Gryffindor! I can't- We can't-"

Harry stood up and put his hands on her arms. Strangely, she calmed down and he looked her in the eye. "(Y/N), listen, calm down, it's okay! And I'm not letting you run away from me all the time! It's getting annoying."

"Me running away is annoying!? You running after me all the time is annoying! Just stop!" She moved her hands in a shoving motion and Harry was pushed without being touched. He fell backwards, his glasses being tossed to his side. (Y/N) put her hands to her mouth and Harry put her glasses back on. "I'm so sorry!" she shouted. She took off down the hill and past Ron and Hermione. They heard her crying and saw the tears running down her cheeks.

(Y/N) stopped at Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. She shut the door behind her and let the trails of tears run down her cheeks. "Myrtle, I did it again!" she shouted. The ghost girl peeked from her stall and floated over to (Y/N). Unlike another students, Moaning Myrtle always gave her a fair amount of empathy. "It's okay, (Y/N). This power of your's is hard to control, we both know that," Myrtle said. "Who did you do it to this time?"

"Harry Potter."

"Oh my goodness! (Y/N)! Really?"

"Yes, really! He got me mad and I did a shoving motion and I sent him flying about two feet away from me!"

"Oh dear, let's just hope no one else saw that."

"We were the only ones there, Myrtle."

"Thank the Lord! Here, wash your face. It'll calm you down and you can go up to the Slytherin common room."

"Harry, what happened!? What did you do? What did you say??" Hermione asked frantically. "Why are your robes all dirty? Did she hurt you?"

"No, not really... I don't know what happened," Harry replied.

"What do you mean? You were there with her and you were the victim!" Ron exclaimed.

"She just went like this--" he mimicked the shoving motion (Y/N) did "--and I found myself shoved to the floor without being touched."

Hermione's face was drained of color. Ron shook his head,"When she does that, it's a bad sign..."

"Guys, I don't think she's just some pure-blood..." she said.

"Yeah, she's not. She said her family has been pure-blooded for almost a thousand years," Harry recalled.

"Exactly! Her blood is so pure she doesn't even need her wand for magic! Hand Magic I think it's called. It's very hard to control and onky the purest of blood can do it."