Masquerade

[3rd Person Pov.]
Everyday, Harry would go to the Whomping Willow with (Y/N), who was allowed to leave the hospital wing with a cast around her arm. She pat the truck of the tree and a branch pat her on the head.

"Hey, Harry, thanks for taking me to the hospital wing," she said gratefully. "I felt like I was dying on the floor."

"Heh, no problem," Harry replied. After (Y/N) knocked out, Harry had to manually carry her into the castle of a school to get help. From there, Hermione and Harry carried her with magic to save some time. He remembered patting her cheek and mumbling to her that it was okay.

The Whomping Willow seemed to wilt, like it felt guilty for letting her fall. (Y/N) gently stroked the truck and said,"It's alright, Willow. It's my fault that I wasn't paying attention."

"No, It's my fault for not telling you not to do it," Harry said through pursed lips. "Draco basically handed me the job to make sure you were okay and I failed really badly."

"Oh, Harry," (Y/N) said and wrapped her arms around him. "Don't beat yourself up about it."

When the two said goodbye to the tree and went inside the school, they hesitated to talk around together. They feared that other students would judge them because the whole "Slytherine with a Gryffindor" thing, but Harry whispered to her "Who cares? Come on, lets go to the library for a while or something."

It took some convincing, but (Y/N) agreed to walk around with Harry. It felt like a thousand pairs of eyes pierced through them as they walked to the library with their cheeks reddened. This was a bad idea... they both thought to themselves.

When they finally reached the library, about a dozen people had followed them and were peeking from the side of the door to watch. (Y/N) lead Harry to a section of the library that no one really bothered to look at. It was full of books about things like a girl who had a fairy-god-mother to go to a ball, a mermaid princess turning into a human to marry a prince, and ((Y/N)'s favorite) a girl at a masquerade party and meets her true love.

"In this book, there's a girl named (Y/N)!" (Y/N) said. "That's where I got my name."

"Really? What it about?" Harry asked.

"Well, the girl, (Y/N), goes to a masquerade party with a mask and meets a boy who she fell in love with that night. When she went home and told her friend, James, about the night, James tells her that he went too and met the girl of his dreams. They later realized that it was each other that they had fallen in love for and got married." (Y/N) hugged the book and sighed dreamly. "If only things like that happened in real life."

"Heh, yeah..." Harry suddenly had an idea.

That night, when they said goodbye to each other, Harry went to Headmaster Dumbledore to talk about something. "Professor? I was wondering if we were going to have the same feast for the end of the year."

"Of course, Harry. We always do," he replied with a slight smile.

"Well, I was wondering if we could change it up a bit," he continued. "I want to make it different. Maybe a masquerade party? I-It's for (Y/N)." He suddenly realized what he saud and continued on. "She doesn't have many friends, so I think it might give her some confidence to talk to some people other than me."

"How thoughtful of you, Harry!" Dumbledore exclaimed with a bright smile. "Of course! I understand that you want the best for your friend. I will inform the professors so we can announce the event."

[(Y/N)'s Pov.]
The next morning, Professor Snape gathered all the Slytherines in the common room to announce an event.

"The end of the year feast has been changed. Instead, we will be having a party inspired by ahem... Harry Potter," he said to us. Most of us frowned or growled slightly. "He has suggested to change it to a masquerade party for one of his friends who has been having trouble talking to people."

You felt your cheeks redden and bowed your head so no one would see. You saw Malfoy turn to you in the corner of your eye.

When you saw Harry in Defense Against the Dark Arts, you sat next to him and mumbled,"Thanks, Harry." He nodded and turned away, hiding his face from you.

~~~~~

EYYYYY OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING

I have so many ideas for you guys!~

Signed,
            Proxie Kan Geno