Music

[3rd Person Pov.]

Not a lot of people were to socialize with Slytherin students unlike a few lucky ones to survive talking to someone like Malfoy. (Y/N) wasn't talked to much altogether, so no one cared what she got in the mail.

One morning, (Y/N) sat at the breakfast table in the grand hall and waited for her owl, Vynl, to come with whatever her parents had sent her. A cloud of owls of different types flew in front a large window and Vynl stopped in front of (Y/N) with a package underneath him because he was carrying it from a string.  (Y/N) ruffled his brown feathers that sat on his head and took the package. She cut the string and opened the box to see a letter and another box. She read the letter:

Dear (Y/N),

   Your father and I got a report recently telling us that you passed with a perfect score in a quiz in Defense Against the Dark Arts. We are so proud of you, but remember not to push yourself too hard.
   And be careful of who you talk to! As it says in The Thickety,  "Work hard, want nothing, stay vigilant"!

With love,
Mother

(Y/N) chuckled to herself and took out the box from the interior. She opened it to see a small device with a wire and two pieces of plastic on either side. She took out a piece of paper from inside the box and it said "You haven't listened to Muggle music in a while, so I downloaded some for you! ~Father". (Y/N) smiled. She missed the cold touch of her cellphone. Of course, she didn't dare to tell anyone who she was, but even if she was allowed to she couldn't because she didn't have friends.

She looked through the songs her father had put into her phone for her. Some she recognized to be at least a few years old but somehow made to the top of her favorites. There was "IDFC-Tarro Remix" by BlackBear, "Lose It-Jerry Folk Remix" by Oh Wonder, "Miss Jackson" by Panic! At The Disco, and more, but she was planning to put her favorite song, (F/S), on loop. She slipped the device into her pocket along with the wired headphones.

Malfoy sat in the seat next to her and said,"Good morning, (Y/N)."

(Y/N) jumped. She didn't expect him to pop out of no where like that. "Good morning, Draco."

"What did you get from your parents this time?"

"The usual. A letter and a weird gift from the Muggle world."

"Really? What is it?"

"A cellphone with music in it. My father downloaded them for me."

"Really? Maybe later we can listen to them."

"Sure, why not." (Y/N) and Malfoy smiled at each other.

At the Gryffindor table, Harry was watching. He wondered what Malfoy had that he didn't that drove (Y/N) away from him. Ron was waving his hand in front of Harry's face. "Harry! Harry, what are you looking at?" Ron asked. Harry snapped back to reality and looked up at this friends. "What? I-I wasn't looking at anything."

"No, I'm pretty sure you were looking at (Y/N)," Hermione stated. "Do you have feelings for her?"

"No I wasn't, and no I do not," Harry assured them as pink dusted his cheeks.

Ron and Hermione looked at each other. They knew what the other was thinking. "Well, if you don't,  go up to them and say something," Ron said.

"What!? Are you going mad? Malfoy is over there!" Harry shouted at Ron.

"Come on, go. Prove to us you don't have feelings for her," Hermione said.

"Fine. Watch."

Harry stood up and strode to the Slytherin table where (Y/N) and Malfoy sat. "H-Hi, (Y/N)," Harry said.

"Oh, hello, Potter," (Y/N) replied.

"How are you?"

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure...? I mean, after what happened yesterday..."

"I said I'm fine, Potter!"

"I'm just checking. I'm sorry for Ron's behaviour. He can be a little rude sometimes."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." (Y/N) went on with talking to Malfoy. Harry felt as if a boulder had been put on his back and he had to fly a broom with it. Harry looked down and walked back after a quick goodbye. (Y/N) looked content and satisfied of what she did, but she didn't know if that was okay. She didn't mean to hurt Harry's feelings. She just thought that his friend was really disrespectful. Not all Slytherins were rotten and nasty.

Harry waited until after school to see if he can ask for another chance to be (Y/N)'s friend. He thought she was a nice girl, but she was just hanging out with the wrong people. The Slytherins are the sly people and it didn't quite fit (Y/N). Well, she was a Hand Witch and she had to try to best to keep that a secret, so he assumed that it was sly enough. He walked alone around the school. He was walking outside to go to the Whomping Willow when he saw that (Y/N) and Malfoy were already there. He heard the music that they were playing and (Y/N) pat the grass as each beat went by. She smiled at Malfoy and Malfoy smiled at her.

Maybe they were dating?

It was sickening to the stomach to Harry.