You're A Slytherin

[3rd Person Pov.]

(Y/N) stared at the cream-colored bandages that wrapped around her hands. They covered the back of her hands and her palms but let her thumbs be free. She looked up at Myrtle. "Are you sure they will help?"

"Well, Hand Magic comes from the palms of one's hands, so maybe?" Myrtle floated up to the window and looked outside. "I don't understand why you don't like Harry Potter," she said. "He's amazing. He comes to visit me once and a while, you know." (Y/N) cringed. "You talk to Harry Potter?" she asked.

"Well, of course! He is always doing something. He recently came with Ron Weasly and Hermione Granger. They were brewing something behind the sinks."

(Y/N) shot up to her feet and walked around the sinks to see a small cauldron with a tiny flame underneath it on the ground. Inside, a grey mixture was bubbling. "Let's hope that it isn't anything bad."

Almost on cue, the door swung open. (Y/N) dove behind the sinks, her hands leaving black markings on the ground. "It's almost done, Harry," a girl's voice said. "Alright. Are you sure it's safe?" Harry asked.

"Maybe. We'll have to try and see. I have Slytherin robes from the washing room. Do you two have the hairs?"

"Yeah," said Harry and another male's voice. (Y/N) heard pouring, gagging, and drinking. "I think I'm gonna be sick," the boy said. He ran into a stall. "Me too," said the girl and she clambered into another stall. She heard Harry's footsteps come closer as he looked into the mirror. (Y/N) held her breath as she slowly stood up. She carefully peeked to look at Harry. "(Y-Y/N)!" Harry gasped. He didn't look like Harry... He was much taller and chubbier.

"What are you doing here, Harry? And why do you look different?"

"Listen, (Y/N), don't tell anyone, but we need to do this for the safety of Hogwarts," Harry said. "We made and drank a polyjuice potion. I got Crabe and Ron got Goyle. We need to get into the Slytherin common room to see if Malfoy is the Heir of Slytherin."

"What? That's ridiculous,  Harry!"

A stall door opened as a copy of Goyle walked out. "Harry, who are you- Oh, no."

"Ron! Ron, it's okay. This is the girl who I told you about. Everything is okay."

"Harry, listen to me! If Draco was the Heir of Slytherin, he would've told me!"

"How do we know if you're lying? How do we know if you're trying to trick us, huh? You're a Slytherin!" Ron exclaimed. "And you're a Hand Witch!" It was true. Slytherin was known for having some of the most rotten students ever. (Y/N) felt her tears rolling down her cheeks. She covered her face. Harry pat her on the shoulder and said,"(Y/N), it's okay, don't listen to him."

"But he's right, Harry! He's right about that! I'm a Slytherin, Harry! No one ever trusts a Slytherin unless their another Slytherin!" (Y/N) ran out. Myrtle came out from behind the sinks. "How dare you, Weasley!?" she shrieked. "She doesn't have any friends but me and a tree and you go to her and call her a liar!? Get out!"

(Y/N) ran all the way to the Whomping Willow and cried beneath the stretched branches. She hugged her knees and the tree pat her back. "His friend called me a liar, Willow!" she said to the tree. "And I didn't even do anything to him!"

(Y/N) dared to stay outside that night. She couldn't let Malfoy see her like this. He would be furious and would've gone mad. Well, it was too late for that.

"Hello, (Y/N)," Malfoy said. He stood before her and looked down at the weeping 12 year-old girl. "Are you okay?"

(Y/N) looked up with her tear-stained face. Malfoy sat beside her and asked,"What happened? Why are you crying?"

"It's the second-youngest Weasley! He called me a liar! They were using a polyjuice potion to play as two of your friends to see if you were the Heir of Slytherin!"

Malfoy scoffed. "You know I would tell you."

"That's what I said! But Weasley said I was probably lying and that they shouldn't trust me!" (Y/N) looked at him. "They called me a Hand Witch."

"They did? Well, you're the best Hand Witch. Know that as a fact." She smiled. "Thanks, Draco." Malfoy put his arm around his friend and shook her slightly. "Let's get inside. It's getting chilly."

"Sure."

Harry watched the two as they did so. They walked and they talked. "I still don't understand why you're mad at me. There, she talking to Malfoy all buddy-buddy!" Ron exclaimed. "She's bad news!"

"No she is not, Ron!" Harry yelled as he turned. "She is nice! She doesn't talk to anyone because of exactly what you said to her!"

A cloud of guilt hovered above Ron. "I understand, but you never know is she is lying to us."

"Well, we found out she wasn't. Malfoy isn't the Heir of Slytherin."

Harry walked to class with Ron and Hermione asking him about what he was going to say to the girl today, but he completely ignored them. He stopped in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom where (Y/N) and Malfoy sat in the front together and Lockheart was moving names around on the chart he had made for the testing. Harry sat in the row behind (Y/N) and Malfoy. "H-Hello, (Y/N)," he said with a small wave.

"Hello, Potter." She continued to talk to Malfoy about the book she was reading. Harry tapped him quill against his inkpot, the ticks like the ticking of a timer. (Y/N) looked up and said,"Do you mind?" Harry looked at her and nodded. He was hanging his head when he saw the bandages around (Y/N)'s hands. "Hey, (Y/N), what are those for?" he asked pointing to her hands.

"Mind your own business, Potter." Malfoy smiled. His smile was twisted and sickening in Harry's eyes, but (Y/N) saw it as comforting. Malfoy pat her on the back and whispered to her,"Good job. You showed him." (Y/N) smiled too.