Left Alone

[3rd Person Pov.]
When the song changed, "Matilda" and "Joshua" looked at the stage where the instruments played by themselves.

Joshua held out a hand to Matilda and she hesitantly took it. They walked to the dance floor and stopped right in the center. They did a curtsy/bow and smiled at each other.

Matilda's smile seemed familiar...

Joshua's smile seemed familiar...

Matilda folded her hands behind Joshua's neck and he put her hands on her waist. Joshua, of course, wasn't used to this. It must've shown on his face, because Matilda whispered to him,"Just follow my lead."

In the middle of the dance, Matilda looked over Joshua's shoulder to see a familiar head of platinum blonde hair. Matilda's face drained of color.

"What's wrong?" Joshua asked, looking around.

Matilda replied,"Nothing, nothing. I-I need to go." Matilda let go of her grip and strode across the Great Hall without letting Joshua reply.

Joshua looked down at his feet disappointedly. He shoved his hands in his pockets and walked to a table. He felt the silken tablecloth, making it remind him of Matilda's voice and skin. She was so nice. Why did she need to leave?

[(Y/N)'s Pov.]
You strode away, leaving Joshua by himself. You felt bad to leave him like that, but Dragon's eyes were tacked to you.

You stopped at a table and sat down. You rubbed your left temple, wondering why you had just left Joshua like that.

"Hello, there," a British accent said. You looked up to see a girl with lightly curled long hair and a lace mask. Her dress was black with a glittered ribbon just under her breasts. Her gold and black shoes cluttered against the floors as she fixed herself on the chair next to you.

 Her gold and black shoes cluttered against the floors as she fixed herself on the chair next to you

"Hello," you replied

"Isn't this party amazing?" the girl asked, looking at the beautiful golden ribbons that were carefully hung up.

"Yes, it is," you said, looking around as well.

"What a lucky person that person may be," the girl said.

"What do you mean?" you asked.

"Harry Potter suggested the ball to Dumbledore for a girl!" she said. "She's really lucky to be his friend. Oh my, maybe they're dating!"

You felt blood rise to your cheeks. You looked down. "Yeah, some lucky girl."

"Oh, where are my manners? I'm Mandy," the girl said, holding out her hand.

"Matilda," you greeted, shaking her hand. You both exchanged a smile. The song changed and Mandy's smile widened.

"I love this song!" She pulls you over to the stage and asked Professor Snape if they could go up. He approved with his eerie smile and they walked up.

Mandy:
Mama, I don't have time for dancing
That's just gonna have to wait a while
Ain't got time for messing around
And it's not my style

You:
This old town can slow you down
People taking the easy way
But I know exactly where I'm going
And getting closer, closer, everyday

Together:
And I'm almost there, I'm almost there
People down here think I'm crazy but I don't care
Trials and tribulations have had my share
There ain't nothing gonna stop me now cause I'm almost there

Mandy:
I remember Daddy told me, fairy tales can come true
You gotta make 'em happen, it all depends on you

Together:
So I work real hard each and everyday
Now things for sure are going my way

Just doing what I do
Look out boys I'm coming through

And I'm almost there, I'm almost there
People gonna come here from everywhere
And I'm almost there, I'm almost there

There's been trials and tribulations
You know I've had my share
But I've climbed the mountain, I've crossed the river
And I'm almost there, I'm almost there, I'm almost there

You looked around to see all eyes of you two, even Joshua's. He was sitting at a table with his hand in his hair. You winked at him before walking off the stage with Mandy.

A boy with familiar platinum blonde hair walks over to you two. You tensed as he said,"Hello, ladies."

"Hello," you both said. It was obvious who this was.

"You two were marvelous on stage!" he said, giving a smile. "If only I knew your real names. Then, I would ask you two to sing for me all the time."

You shuddered. "Yes, but we aren't allowed to. Rules are rules."

"Oh, come on, please?" He pushed your chin up so you can face him and his plain black mask.

Mandy pushed his hand away and said sternly,"No thank you."

"Really? Then can't we at least leave together?"

"Excuse me," Joshua said, walking up to the group. "But I'm sure these two ladies do not need anyone taking them out at the moment."

"Well, I was asking if one of them wanted to leave with me," the boy asked.

"Actually, they were just leaving," Joshua said matter-a-fact-ly. He us here you and Mandy away to a table.

"Thanks for helping us back there, Josh," you thanks him.

"No problem," he replied. "He just doesn't know how to leave anyone alone."

"Well, now that that's over," Mandy said. "Wanna dance?" She held out her hand to Joshua. He hesitantly took it and they walked off together.

You watched as they danced to the song. You got a small plate of sweets, but you ended up only picking at them with a toothpick.