5

I'm sure you have already guessed that eventually, their paths will cross again. And I am pretty sure you have come up with reasons as to why it took Janelle 3 long months....wait 3 months lang ba talaga? And you know, since addict ako sa suspense and may pagka masokista ako.... sa book ni Miggy niyo na lang mababasa ang mga close encounters ni Yuan at Janelle.- Author

***
JANELLE
DELTA Air
MANILA, PHILIPPINES

THREE YEARS AFTER

"Miss Maxwell, we're here."

"Oh, okay Ben. Thank you."

This is my first time to come to the Philippines. I am actually here as my capacity as International Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF. I like this job especially that it gives me the chance to travel the world and meet a lot of people without my Dad's influence. I also like the freedom that goes along with it. Yes I still travel with two Secret Service Agents and I am being given security by the host country that I visit but aside from that, I am far feom the intoxicating "care" of Mom and Dad. At 22, they still treat me like a 2 years old hahaha. I am just grateful of them that they allowed me to take this job.

I have been travelling since I turned 20, lugging my books with me wherever I go. On line education has also earned me a degree.

My dad won another term in office. And he told me that his classmate in College at Harvard who is now the President has offered to take care of my accommodations in the Philippines. I will be also representing my country and give the book donations of my country to theirs. I accepted the job of representing my Dad too.

Thw Philippine president President Mike Bustamante has been dubbed as the best president the country has ever had. He was able to get investors to go to their country without hurting the local business. Their economy has been boomin and the people love him. I was not able to Google him. They just gave me a brief copy of who he is. I would meet with him on Saturday before I go back to the US. Dad said that he and the First Lady invited me for dinner at the Presidential house with their family. He has 4 children. I heard the First Lady is 20 years his junior or something. I do not remember meeting them when they came to visit before. I can kick myself for not reading or asking Dad about them. Just relying with this piece of scrap paper and Google.

"Welcome to the Philippines Miss Maxwell."

"Thank you, the pleasure is mine."

"Ma'am, your car will be waiting for you to take you to your hotel after a brief meeting withthe media."

"Okay, thank you."

The UN people briefed me of what to say so did the people from the American embassy.

The interview went well. I was told by the UN people that at 7 am tomorrow, the presidential chopper will fly me to my first "appointment".

And I nodded.

The peoole has been very nice to me. Their welcome is as warm as the weather of their country. I can't wait to meet them tomorrow.

 I can't wait to meet them tomorrow