6

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Since fiction naman to, I decided na babaliin ko konti ang rules about sa pilot. Since Yuan is still a junior officer he is NOT supposed to be the pilot of an aircraft but instead, he can only co-pilot it. In this story, i am making him the pilot.

YUAN

My flight plan is to fly first daughter Janelle Maxwell to Tarlac then to Baguio City. I am lucky to have been assigned sa Presidential Air Group. I fly the rotary (presidential chopper) My dream is to fly the president to his destination kaso hindi daw pwede mag piloto ng Air Force one kahit na ako ang nakatoka sa chopper kasi delikado daw. They will not risk both the president and me daw. Hay naku para ano pa na naging piloto ako. Gusto ko nga dati maging attack pilot eh. Si Miggy nga nandun sa baba nag ooperate sa Army. Nasugatan nga siya sa ambush last year eh. Hindi alam ni Dad ang gagawin kung sisgawan ang mga heneral or pakalmahin si Mom or sarili niya. Natatawa ako nun na nag aalala. Imagine yung presidente helpless. Pero feeling ko nun malakas na magiging okay si Miggy. Ngayon after a few weeks, balik na namn siya sa operation. Sa Lanao ba naman kasi nag pa assign.

Ano kaya hitsura nung first daughter? Sabi nila maganda daw. Sabi ni Pakoy hot-t-t ( sexy-author) daw at maganda. Hindi pa din naman nila nakikita yun ng personal. Puro pictures at interviews naman lang yata ang napanood ng mga yun eh. Wala masyado pictures nung anak ng presidente nila kasi busy sa UN at ayaw niya na pinipiktyuran siya. Nung minsan sinearch ko puro malayo, puro naka side view or nakatalikod. Wala akong time at patience na mag internet eh. Hindi katulad ni Pakoy na yun na lang ginagawa niya. Lalo na at crush na crush niya si Janelle Maxwell. When he learned I was flying her the whole duration of her stay here in the Philippines he was pestering me to take him with me as my co-pilot. Di naman pwede na mag mistah ang buddy. And I can not do that, I am not the Armed Forces. I told him dapat nagpa assign siya sa wing naming sa 252nd wing hindi sa 505th Rescue.

The 252nd Presidential Airlift Squadron - currently flies the Bell 412EP/HP and Sikorsky S-70A5-1 Blackhawk VVIP helicopters. I am now flying the Bell 412EP/HP as shown in the picture

Sabi niya sige, mag pa sign ka na lang sa kanya at hingi ka ng selfie

Sabi niya sige, mag pa sign ka na lang sa kanya at hingi ka ng selfie. Sabi ko kabayutan. Hahahaha

I am inside the chopper now waiting for my passengers. Checking the chopper. Bakit kaya ako kinakabahan bigla? Huwag naman sanang may nangyari kay Dad or kay Miggy.

I started the chopper's engine when I was told na nasa gate na ang van ma sinasakyan nila. I put on my helmet and waited for them to get on the aircraft.

Ah siya pala si Janelle. She's wearing jeans, sneakers, dark glasses and she has brown hair under a bull cap. Simple lang pala siya. When they got in, I was introduced to her by someone from UN. Wrong timing naman kasi naka helmet na ako at nasa consul na. Alangan namang makipag beso beso pa ako sa kanya.

"Janelle, our pilot for the whole week will be Lt. Juan Bustamante. FYI, he's the son of the President."

"Thank you Lt. Bustamante......"

Hindi ko masyado marinig ang boses niya kasi mas malakas ang ingay ng helicopter.

JANELLE

I could not see his face becuase when he turned to me, all I saw was my reflection on his helmet. I don't know if he was aware that he was alrwady wearing his helmet and that I could not see anything. I smiled. Maybe he smiled too. I don't know.

At the hotel this morning before we came here, I felt strange. My heart was beating so hard against my chest. I hope everyhing is fine at home. I pray that Mom and Dad are safe.

I can not wait to meet the children today.

YUAN

I got a radio message telling me that we should head back to Manila asap because if we don't there will be no chance that we will ever be back in Manila today. A storm is heading our way and they said that instead of exiting in Mindoro, it is now heading to Northern Luzon where we are. The people in Manila said that Miss Maxwell has to go back to Manila ASAP for her flight to Indonesia tomorrow.

I radioed the one in charge of her schedules and told them that we needed to go. They complied telling me that they are coming back here at the airport.

In just 10 minutes, I could see the entourage of the First Daughter already. The chopper's engine has been started before they arrived.

I saw her hop out from the van and ran to the chopper. She is wearing the same clothes she wore when she got off from here. But still wearing her dark glasses.

I wonder what she really look like.

Then I called the tower to let them know we're right on schedile and we're flying back to Manila with my crew, Lt. Marcos my co-pilot, Janelle's group and her. Mom texted me this morning and she told me she will cook my favorite sinigang na hipon.

I smiled to myself then I heard a loud bang at the Bell's tail....patay ako ngayon sa Tatay ko