8

PRESIDENT MIKE BUSTAMANTE
Malakanyang, Philippines

"Connect me to President Maxwell."

I talked to Doug and told him of the crash. He was shocked but he was calm as he talked to me. I told him that Yuan was the pilot of the aircraft and they are considered M.I.A. (Missing In Action) at the moment. He told me that he is sending some help in the search and rescue of the people on board of the chopper including our children. Before we put down the phone, he said that he trust me and my country to look for his daughter and my son. He will call me on what his decision would be and I calmly promised him that I would be calling him for updates.

Talking to the president of the United States is easier than breaking the news to Margaux. I called her using the number that we vowed never to use. The only line that would connect us when something worse happened. When she picked up the phone on its third ring, I say a little prayer that Margaux will bravely recieve the news about our son.

"Hello!"

I already heard the panic in her voice

"Honey, are you alone?"

"Nope. I'm with Mom and Dad."

"Honey, this afternoon after lunch, I recieved a radio message from the 250th Wing. It says that the Bell's signal disappeared from their radar 10 minutes after take off. Yuan is the Pilot."

"Noooh!"  I heard the grief from her voice as she cried. My heart is torn for I can not do anything. I can not hug her and comfort her. I feel helpless just like when we lost our first baby because I can not do anything.

"Honey, be strong. The rescue has been sent. They are now trying to locate the crash site. It is difficult to go by air because of the fog....zero visibility. Pray that we find them before the storm lands."

I could hear her crying.

"Baby, we will try to block the news from the media because we do not know if there are lawless elements in that area and if in case, we need to be careful that they do not find them before we do. Be strong babe. Be strong for Yuan."

"I want to go there. I want to be there when the news about Yuan comes. Please I want to be there, Michael."

"Okay. I'll call Jonathan."

"Promise me you'll bring him alive. Bring my son alive."

AUTHOR: PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT. Thank you. Be safe