13

YUAN

When they found us it was already 18 hours after the crash. People of my Dad's, the PSG, canines, medics, soldiers filled the cave where Janelle and I were rescued.

We were flown to Manila on separate choppers. I was flown directly to Villamor Air Base and she was flown to a hospital. Kasi sundalo ako kailangan akong dunirecho sa air base. My Mom and my younger were there to welcome me back. She said that my Dad has to check on with POTUS and his daughter first. He will come see me after. Okay lang naman sa akin yun. I grew up with him being busy all the time and yes, still his being the President comes first than any of us.

When I arrived at the hospital by ambulance, I insisted that I will walkbut they wanted me to sit on the damn wheel chair, I saw my Mom rushed to me. Nawala ang poise ng First Lady. She ran to me, which she does not do ever. I had to stand up so I could gather her in my arms. My Mom is not a short woman but at her age, she's still sexy. Hehehe and Miggy and I would tease her that she should get on some weight.

"Ikaw talaga Juan Bustamante, sinabi ko sa iyong mag ingat ka!!!"

"Mommy, aray! Aksidente naman yun. I did not intend to do that!"

"Just wait when we get home Juan Bustamante. Just wait!"

Where is she? Where did they bring her?

"Mom, where is Eri...Janelle?"

"Oh, after she was checked, they already left for Guam, then back to DC. Why?"

"Oh None. I was just wondering if she's alright. The crash must've shocked her. Eh hindi ko naman alam na ganun mangyayari eh. How about the other members of her entourage?"

Other members ka diyan Yuan, my ass.

"Yung iba nahospital pa, pero yung iba umuwi na din sila. Your Dad will come here in a few minutes. "

"Uwi na lang sana tayo Mommy."

"Tumigil ka Yuan. You know the rules. The president is coming so we have to respect that."

"Okay Mom."

So she left. What will happen again? Will we see each other again?

ERICA

I wanted to call him but everything was so hectic. How could I tell my parents about it when they know that I am dating Mitchell? Mitchell? Where is he?

Mitchell is the son of Senator Reeve. He and I started dating two years ago. We got engaged last January. I guess the engagement was what you call a forced union between two political children who have parents who wanted them to get married. I don't know but my parents have not ereally asked me if I love Mitchell. They just assumed that I love him and he loves me. He has not said he loves me though. We go out on dates sure. We travel around the world together. He works for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) as a Human Rights Lawyer. He is 5 years older than I am.

The relationship is doing okay according to him when I asked him about it. I asked him if he was happy with me. He said he is. But I don't think he feels what I feel. I have been trying to make him see that this isn't working. But all that he is saying is it will help both our carreers and our families. I wanted out of the relationship. When I saw Yuan, I wanted to stay in the Philippines to spend more time with him but I had to come home.

But I guess, Yuan is not really my destiny. Maybe we are not really meant to be.