Choice

He didn't know what he was feeling at that moment. Nate could tell that this was his humanity, yet he didn't understand it as he had never truly felt like this before.

Did he really want  her to love him back? It was a strange thought, as all he had needed before was to own her, have her in his possession. Falling to the ground on his knees, he grabbed at his hair, crying. What was happening to his mind? And why did he feel a great pain when she said she'd never love him?

"Excuse me sir, who are you? Are you okay?" A timid and slightly scared voice spoke. He wondered why she was scared, but then realised he was still in his demon form. Too late to change back now. Looking up, his eyes met with a familiar auburn haired girl. Her eyes were wide, and it was obvious she didn't recognise him. However, what made him confused was the fact that she hadn't run away yet.

Shaking his head to her question, Nate let go of his hair and wiped his eyes. All the more to his surprise, Amber crouched in front of him, and said with a slightly shaking voice, "You want to talk about it?"

The half-demon was bewildered that she hadn't ran at the sight of him, never mind sit next to him to talk.

"Are you sure?" He questioned, regaining the ability to speak.

The girl merely smiled, "I don't have a clue what's going on or who you are, but I can't leave a person like that."

Nate sighed softly, quite glad he had someone to talk to, even though he did wish it was (Name) he was talking to. "I can't believe a human girl us even seeing me in this state." He laughed to himself, before beginning the story. All he missed out were the names of both his Love and the angel.

"This is probably going to mean nothing coming from a person like me, but don't you think that your sort of love is not the same as the love that she wants? I think that this girl still holds some sort of feeling for you both, but she is trying to cage them up to make everyone happy."

Nate looked down at his feet, wrapping his dark wings round him more, "How is doing that making everyone happy? You don't see me smiling and dancing around with joy right now, do you?"

"Think about it from her perspective. She probably doesn't want to hurt one of you to be with one of you. This girl obviously must love you both, and that's why she can't have either of you. I'm guessing she doesn't want to hurt you or herself."

He was silent, thinking over the idea. However, he still couldn't accept it. Not just because he wanted her, but also because she would be in more danger alone. Yes, she was strong, but against both the angels and demons, her chances were slimmed.

"Sir, I know you struggle to understand, just know that I'm on your side okay? Yes, I may not agree with some of the things you've done, but there's stuff that all three of you have done by the sounds of it. I understand both her's and your points of view, and I'll help you get her." Amber spoke seemingly confident, yet she was in reality quite scared of him. Though, that was only his appearance and she knew more of what he was really like now.

--●--

Finally awaking after healing himself from the mass of darkness, Harry sat up and groaned, pressing a hand to his forehead. The hit had taken a lot out of him.

Instead of worrying about himself, his mind immediately went to (Name), hoping that she was okay. From what he could last infer, she had switched into a demon. Not knowing what had happened from there on out, he began to panic and quickly rose to his feet and searched the whole campus for her.

It didn't take him too long to find her, as the classrooms were the first place he searched. Additionally, it wasn't exactly hard to pin point which one she was in, as feathers of the colour grey where gently falling through the room.

Walking in, he went over to the corner where she was sat crying into her knees, "(Name), look up. Stop crying."

She did as asked, wiping her own tears before his hands could brush over her cheeks, "Don't touch me. No, actually, you need to move on and forget about me. Both of you do. All this is getting out of hand and it needs to stop. I'm going to leave, and you both need to go back where you belong." (Name) stood, opening out her grey wings. She took a step forward to walk away, but her arm was grabbed out of panic.

He didn't and couldn't let her leave like this. Yes, it was selfish, but he needed her more than ever and his human desire to have her surpassed his angel learning.

"You can't do that, (Name). Think how that demon and I will be. Besides, you'll end up extremely lonely and with everyone after you, you're going to need people on your side."

"I hate to admit," Nate walked in, "But the angel is right. You're strong, but anything could happen without support. However, I refuse to work with him on anything. You're going to have to pick a side, Love, and you're going to have to do it now." He had chosen not to heed the auburn haired girl's advice, and still pursued his love. She was still on his side either way.

This what she wanted to avoid, but them putting it that way and being pressured like that, she knew she had to choose one of them. One of their sides. She also knew that doing sowould affect who she was. Pairing with the angel would make her like an angel and vice versa.

She stared at them both, "I..."