2: First Day On The Job

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

During the whole tour, I was freaking out on the inside. Wilford -flippin'- Warfstache was holding me so close to him. He probably thought nothing of it, but I just couldn't pay attention to anything he said, or where we were going. I know I'm gonna get lost in this building, but I don't care right now! My inspiration, and long-time crush, had his arm around me.

"... And since you're my apprentice, your office is right next to mine. Feel free to come in if you have any questions or need any help!"

I snapped out of my thoughts just as Wilford explained "Oh, I wouldn't want to bother you Mr. Warfstache!" "Nonsense dear! My job as your mentor is to help you achieve your dream of becoming​ a fantastic journalist like me someday. And please, call me Wilford" He made a lot of extravagant gestures as he spoke "Well... I'll try not to disturb you too much, Wilford"

Wilford nodded and left me to look around my new office. Once he was out the door, I looked around the room, it was pretty basic; a desk with a computer to the left of me; some filing cabinets over to my right; a big window at the back for some natural lighting; and a potted plant over in the corner. This is pretty nice.

I walked over to the window and looked outside,  we were on a pretty high floor. I quickly stepped back from the glass. Nice view. Just... don't look down...

I sat down at my desk and decided to start up my computer. Once the desktop opened up I saw that Notepad was open, I clicked on it and saw a message.

Hi Y/N!

I'm sure you'll see this message and think that it was from Wilford, right? Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not. I'm Kathryn, I'm the head editor of this place! There's a few others here as well, but I don't really want to introduce 'em ;p But, we all just wanted to welcome you here! And we hope that you'll enjoy working with us, and stay for a long time.
We'll see ya round!     ~Kathryn

I smiled at the message and decided to save it; I named it, 'welcome.txt'. With that finished, I leaned back on my chair and said to myself "Now what?"

F̶o̶r̶ ̶p̶l̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶v̶e̶n̶i̶e̶n̶c̶e̶  Wilford called me to his office as soon as I said that

I got up from my chair and went over to the next room, where I saw Wilford sitting with his feet up on the table. I chuckled "Yes Miste--err... Wilford?" He smiled at me "I need you to research something for my next interview" My face lit up "Ooh! What is it?" "Have you heard of 'Freddy Fazbear's Pizza'?" I cocked my head to the side "You mean the children's restaurant that was suspected to be behind those missing children a few years back?" "Precisely! Think you could find me someone to interview?" I nodded happily "Yessir!"