28: What About Work?

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Another day, another dollar. I walk up to my front door but before I opened it, I heard the sounds of my TV and a deep, echo-y voice talking, which only means one thing

I opened up the front door and saw Dark sitting on my coach, playing Poken, and eating my chocolate. Without looking away from the TV, my wonderful best-friend greeted me, "Welcome home, Y/N"

I closed the door behind me and headed to my kitchen "Good evening, Dark. Lovely of you to drop by, and finish my supply of the greatest treat invented by mankind"

I grabbed some chips out of the cupboard and sat next to Dark, watching as he fought against Lucario "I promise that I'll buy you more chocolate and take care of you, okay?" I smiled, grateful for the kindness of my best-friend "Thank you"

"What are you even doing here?" I asked with my mouth full "Can't a guy spend some quality time with his best-friend?" "He can, but we normally do that over the weekend"

Dark paused the game and turned to me "Not as much, recently. So, I'm going to be a good best-friend and take initiative," He ended with a smile "Oh, Dark!" I hugged him tightly, he chuckled and hugged me back

Then I remembered something, and pulled back "But what about work tomorrow?" "I asked Wilford to let you take tomorrow off. He was fine with it, since he needed some time to find something interesting for the show"

Dark's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Y/N smiled, but it wasn't a real smile "Oh, yay" I looked at them with concern "What's wrong?" They sighed, knowing that I wouldn't let it go "I'm starting to worry that we can't find anything for the show..," they said looking down at their hands

Seeing Y/N so crestfallen made me frown, but still I gave them a reassuring smile "I wouldn't worry" They looked up at me curiosly as I started the game again "Knowing Wilford, things will turn out great eventually" A smile appeared on their face and they leaned against my arm "Thanks Darky"

I looked down at Y/N and saw that they were focused on the screen, lucky me considering the light blush dusting my cheeks "No problem," I responded as I turned my attention back to the TV

**Timeskip**

Y/N decided to have a go at fighting the PC. As they were getting their butt kicked, the phone rang, they growled before pausing and pulling out their phone.

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

"Hello?"

"Y/N! I called to tell you that I won't be in the office for the rest of the week"

"Huh!? Why??"

"I'm going to use that time to find someone to interview for the show"

"...I see..."

I didn't know what else to say. What do you say when your boss just tells you to take the week off?

"...And, there's one other thing I wanted to say..."

"Hm?"

"Would you want to maybe... go on a date with me..? This Saturday?"