42: Ignore Them

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Man, work sucked today. All I want to do now is just chill out and scroll through the internet. "Where are you headed off to, gorgeous?" I turned to the familiar voice of Wilford, who was standing by the building's doors. "Home. I just wanna relax for the rest of the day..," I sighed while still trying to smile at the ever upbeat journalist. Wilford frowned when he saw my forced smile "What's wrong?" I just waved him off "Nothing, just tired..." He bit his lip before making his way to me, I knew he didn't believe me, I wouldn't have either.

When he reached me, I already let my smile drop. Wilford cupped my cheek and tilted my head upward so I was looking at him "What's wrong, love?" he asked while caressing my cheek with his thumb. In a moment of weakness, I brought Wilford into a tight hug "I hate people." I felt him slowly wrap his arms around me "So this is what Kathryn was talking about earlier..." he muttered to himself before squeezing me closer

"Darling, I want you to forget about them." Easier said than done "I know that it seems hard, but we shouldn't let other people's opinions dictate how we live." I knew what Wilford was saying was right, but it didn't change how much the whispers hurt. What felt like forever in his arms was most likely just a couple minutes. Finally, me and Wilford pulled back from the hug, but still held each other close.

We stood there in silence for a few seconds before Wilford got this nervous look "Do you want to come over my place for a little bit," he stuttered. How can someone so bold still be so easily flustered?? I giggled at his pinker-than-usual face "Sure"

****

The drive from work to Wilford's place was much shorter than from my house, maybe that's how he always gets to work early. But that wouldn't really make sense, since the studio was an hour away from my place. I was pulled from my thoughts when Wilford finally unlocked the door "Want something to drink?" While we walked in I admired the large house again, I can never get over this giant place. "Hm, got any iced tea?" He nodded and went to get the drink from the fridge, while I made my way to the living room.

Wilford's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

The ride here was quicker thanks to a little reality-bending, I hope Y/N didn't notice. With two glasses of iced tea in hand, I made my way to the living room. There I saw Y/N and... shit...

"So you're nii-san's Senpai!" Yandereplier exclaimed. Y/N had a slight blush on their cheeks as they smiled "Actually, I'm more of his Kouhai..." Yani turned around and smiled at me "I like 'em!" Y/N laughed, "I like you too." I made my way to the spot on the couch next to Y/N "I see you've met Yani," I observed while handing them the glass. They thanked me before taking a sip "You can call me Yan-kun!"