27: A Little Walk

A/N: Favourite Flavor = F/F
==============================

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Oh, how I love Mondays; I get to see my friends, and Wilford. Except, things haven't been going so well lately, Wilford still hasn't found any 'hard-hitting journalism worth putting on TV'. I'm really starting to worry this company's gonna go broke...

"Y/N, we're going to lunch, you coming?" Kathryn offered. I shook my head 'no' with a polite smile "Nah, I think I'll just stay here and look for a newsworthy story" Tyler and her shared a look before shrugging "Alright" "Suit yourself"

Wilford's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

After hours of looking through old papers and browsing the web for something interesting, and finding nothing, I decided a little walk would take the pressure off. I walked out of my office and saw Y/N in theirs, looking over papers and websites diligently, I might as well have been looking in a mirror

I knocked on her open door to get their attention, they looked up from the mess of papers on the desk and smiled at me "Hi Wilford, what's up?"

"I've been searching desperately for an interesting story since this morning, but still haven't found anything. So I thought a little walk would be good for the ol' thinking cap and saw you here, so now I'm wondering if you'd like to join me?"

Y/N seemed to think for a moment before nodding "Yeah, I think that's just what we need" They stood from their desk and stretched out their sore muscles, humming as they did so, once that was done they approached me, and we headed out

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Wilford and I went to the nearby park, looking for ice cream ("If we're just going to walk, might as well have something sweet to eat")

I wanted to walk through here, because of pretty it looks, the scenery looked like it came straight out of a movie.

I felt Wilford poking my arm, I looked at the taller man and saw him pointing with a smile "Y/N, there's the ice cream shop!" I chuckled, seeing his happy little face "Well then, let's go"

We walked in the shop and saw a boy with hair dyed blue, behind the counter "Welcome to my shop! My name's Mike, what can I get for ya?"

I browsed the many flavors until I saw my favorite, I pointed at it through the glass "F/F on a cone please!" Mike nodded and started scooping out the cold dessert "Hmm... And I'll have strawberry, on a cone as well" He nodded once more and said, "Coming right up!" Once we got our ice creams, Wilford paid and we bid the happy shopkeeper goodbye

"Thanks for paying, Wilford. Next time I'll pay though, 'kay?" He tilted his head "'Next time'?" A light pink dusted my cheeks "Um, I mean... I'll pay you back, was what I was trying to say" The journalist shook his head "Oh, there's no need for that! It was my pleasure"