The Other Major Setback

It was four days now and not talking to her was eating away at his insides, outsides, side-sides and everything else. Well, Jack Sparrow was right...hell does have no fury like a woman scorned. If he could only figure out what he'd done to be in this position.

Damn, he missed her smile, her smart remarks, her opinions, ideas, eyes, the way she looked at him, well used to anyway. Forget her banging body for now. He longed for her caress. Her wonderful, creamy soft skin melted against his like chocolate as they watched TV then fell asleep.

"Scott, son, are you okay?" His coach's voice broke his thoughts.

"Yeah, coach. Why?"

"Well, son, you don't seem like yourself. Your mind is somewhere else," the coach put a hand on his shoulder.

Scott ran a hand through his short brown hair. Serena.

"Serena who?"

"Stone,"

"I see. Go out there and get your head in the game," coach shoved him.

***

Serena hurried along the hallway.Why the hell would Coach Donalds want to see her? Did someone die? Sure she was exaggerating but she missing out on her class.

"Come in. Sit," the coach motioned to her with a gentle smile.

"Sir?" Serena inquired.

"It has been drawn to my attention that you are Scott Conally are in something. I don't know exactly what is happening between you two but you need to mend it, please,"

"Excuse me," Serena's throat went completely dry. How could the coach know? Why would the coach care?

"Look, Scott is one of the best players on the team that we can't lose. Your "problem" is causing his game to be off so to speak. Could you atleast settle this little problem in a way that leaves Scott in a position to play at his full potential? After all, you wouldn't want to be the one who ruined his career" Donalds lectured.

Serena couldn't help but think how much the coach sounded like a whiny woman. And was this a soap opera? She would treat Scott as she pleased. It was her life.

Nodding her head curtly, Serena got up to leave. Looking at her watch she saw five on the dot. Her class was finished. She spent half an hour with coach, who by the way had a job and didn't have to earn a degree.

Serena hit in to something solid and started to fall back. "Ouch!" She literally said.

"Careful," the sweet, low voice vibrated through her as she grabbed ahold of the obviously male body.

Serena looked up once she was stabled. Those vivid green eyes. The shirtless, muscled body that suported her not so muscular frame.

His eyes analyzed her expression. Raw uncertainty looked down at her. She, for some unknown reason, was mesmerized.

In a slow, dominating, controlled manner, he tangled a hand in her loose curls and the other pulled her closer to him by her waist. The smoldering heat of his gaze was almost unbearable.

Yet, as his head bent lower, she found herself closing her eyes and parting her lips. He smelled delicious...like...cheesecake? And when his lips met hers...explosions took place behind her eyelids. He tasted so good. His touch felt so right. Their bodies fit like puzzle pieces. There was no denying this. She couldn't run from this one. Finally, he slipped his tongue between her slightly parted lips and tasted her. She was in another world. His hand clenched gently in her curls as he, the person in obvious control, deepened the kiss.