Love Isn't Supposed To Hurt

Serena sat on the bleachers. She so wanted to apologize but she couldn't bring herself to. It was  hard. There he was on the field, so close yet so far. She didn't mean what she'd said two weeks ago. After, contemplating on what to say and how to say it, she got the courage to at least come to his practice today but that was as far as she got.

Her red headed enemy stood a distance away from her. Good thing too.

Serena stood when she saw Scott walking towards the bleachers. She wiped her suddenly moist palms in her jeans. Just as she opened her mouth the redhead called out to him.

"Good practice today. You coming to the diner tonight?"

"Of course. I don't have anything else to do," he replied, his stare fixed on Serena who gulped guitily.

"See you soon then," she winked and left.

Scott took off his shirt and Serena nearly fainted. His toned muscles glistened with sweat. He took up his bottle, threw his shirt over his shoulder and began to walk. Serena followed silently, longing to talk but the words weren't even atleast trying to escape her mouth.

"Serena," Scott said plainly.

She walked up next to him. Her mouth simply opening and closing. She was on the brink of frustration and tugging her hair out. Maybe she admit herself to the mental and then visit herself regularly to see how she was improving.

"You're not ready yet," he simply said.

"I am ready,"

"Then take the floor,"

"I...you...You undersand don't you?" She started.

"Actually, I'm completely lost," he replied taking another swig of water.

"I...we...,"

"As much fun as it is watching you having difficulty, it is partially paining me. You're not ready yet. Come on, I'll take you home," he walked on.

How completely and utterly heartbroken she was. She really wanted to. Why couldn't she? Her chest tightened and her head began to pound steadily. That is when she came to the realisation that she needed him.

The car ride was diverted to his little brother's school. Evan was his name. He made her remember what it was like to be eleven again. Conversation on the way to her house was animated and funny. He was so much like Scott.

"See you later, Sair!" Evan used Scott's nickname for her.

Serena waved goodbye with a tight chest and a frog in her throat.

***

Pretending not to care about someone who meant everything to you was torture. Now he saw how his older and closest cousin felt when she was going through a rough time in her relationship. Speaking of which, he should call her.

"So, Serena's pretty," Evan blurted out.

Scott looked up from his plate and confirmed his younger brother's statement. "She is,"

"Serena?" Their mother asked.

Scott took a mouhful of juice as his little brother decided to ramble on about Serena. For some reason it was getting under his skin. Scott shuddered as he remembered their last shared kiss. Perfect was the exact word that came to mind-all his raw emotion came out in that kiss.

He could see his father's smirk and mother's interested stare at him. He chose to ignore them though. His baby sister giggled. He was glad for the distraction. She was so precious. Her curls now starting to form on the top of her head. He would protect her with his all. He looked at his father who was tickling her and found a new sort of respect for him. How would it feel to have a child of his own-a daughter. He imagined her looking just like Sere...na.