십육

250719
22:36

[ yoongi's point of view ]

"I'll meet you guys at home later, okay ? I need to go somewhere real quick."

"Agust-ssi, where are you going ?" Jin hyung said in a stern voice.

"Relax, I'm just going to the old apartment. Don't worry."

"Fine, be back soon; we still have work tomorrow."

"I will, eomma. Don't worry."

23:01

I sat at the ledge of the building, alone. My only company being the sounds of cars passing down below and a slight breeze flowing through the air.

I popped open the bottle of soju that I picked up from a convenience store prior to going to the apartment. The cool liquid burned my throat on its way down.

I sat here, thinking about all the questions I still had no answers to.

Why did she breakup with me ?
Why did she leave ?
Why won't she come back ?
How did I not realize she was unhappy before ?
How am I gonna find her ?

Tears began falling from my eyes the more I thought about her. I chugged the rest of the alcohol, then threw the empty bottle at the building next door in frustration.

I started to think about the first time I brought her up here. She acted like she didn't enjoy being with me then, but I know she secretly did. I remember the conversations we had, talking here for hours. I remember wrapping my body around hers to protect her from the cold winds. I remember throwing her the best birthday party here, where she seemed so happy. I remember asking her to live here with me the day of our graduation. I remember all of these memories.

Awhile after, I stopped by our old apartment unit. I unlocked the door, observing how it looked the same as we left it when we moved out. I headed to the table and leaned against it, looking back to where more memories were made.

Just to the right of me was the couch that I laid drunk on, where she stayed and took care of me, talking to me for hours

I stumbled to our old bedroom where millions of memories were made. Even after all these years I can still remember bringing her here for the first time to work on a project back in high school. I remember joking around with her by pretending to make a move, and then her doing the same thing back. I sat on the piano bench we used to sit on together. I remember all the times she sat with me here, helping me write a new song. I look over to my bed beside the piano and remember sleeping with her here for the first time. I remember how for the first time in forever I didn't feel lonely. Remembering all these memories sadden me because I might not be able to make any more memories with her.

I wiped the tears from my eyes with my sleeve and left the apartment, heading back to the dorm. I'd do anything to get her back.

[ end of yoongi's point of view ]

a/n :

thank u guys so so much for 1k on this story !!! i appreciate all of the votes and comments you've all been leaving,, ty for the continuous support !! I'll try to be a better author and update more~

thank you thank you thank you
~ jazunyan