3| Masks On

It's been 8 years since the day the children transformed. Before they left Naruto's mind, Kurama taught them how to cast a glamour justu on themselves to conceal their new physical characteristics.

During the years, Naruto still had to live with his abusive family. After finding out that his parents don't love him, the way they love Yasuko, he hid all his hurt and betrayal from them. In his heart, he still loved them and a part of him wanted them to be happy, even at the expense of his pain.

Villagers still slandered his name, sometimes even going as far as to try to hurt him. Most of the time they failed in their mission to make him bleed though, becuase he was usually with Sasuke or Hinata; Both found out about the actual extent of his abuse a few days after the transformations and refused to let him wander around without them if they could help it.

Yasuko still belittled Naruto too. Most of the time she talked trash about him to their classmates, making the other students hate him as well. She noticed a slight change to him when he came home that night all those years ago, but in all honestly, she didn't care. She only wanted to be the golden child in the village and with Naruto as her twin, she was challenged for that title just by birthrights. If she had ever taken the time to think about its she would've noticed how far Naruto was from being the villages' golden child.

Regardless of all the pain Naruto suffered, he and the others decided to keep up personas to keep the village naive to their power.

Before Itachi killed the Uchiha Clan, Sasuke had always asked him what the Academy was like. The one thing that stood out to him, was the fact that three kids who passed the Exams, were paired up and then given a personal Sensei.

When Sasuke told Hinata and Naruto this, they immediately knew they had to try and get paired up. The only thing that stood in their was was The Uchiha and Hyuga namesakes. It was practically impossible to get more than two of the most prominent Clans in the same team. And since Naruto was a Namikaze-Uzumaki, that was already the most prominent clan. All three of them quickly realized this and figured they most likely wouldn't be paired up.

Still, they needed to create persona's until they were on a team for sure. And so, the Vengeful Uchiha, the Weak-Hearted Hyuga, and the Moronic Namikaze-Uzumaki were born. Of course, to go with these persona's you needed disguises, do you not? The three weren't about to go out into the world as the Heirs. Hence, Sasuke wore shorts paired with a wide collared blue sweater to give the appearance that he didn't care about what he looked like, as the two articles most definitely did not go together. Hinata on the other hand wore long baggy cream colored sweats, paired with a light purple hoodie, to give the appearance that she was shy and didn't want to stand out. Lastly, Naruto went a vibrant kill-me-now orange jumpsuit so that the whole village would notice his "stupid" antics and figure he was just a weak knucklehead.

For years they had kept these persona's up, and no one had been the wiser. No one knew that all three were now Heirs to the lost kingdoms. No one knew that they scoffed at their village's most powerful assets. No one knew that the three were their protectors.

And so, the day has finally come. Their years of hiding are finally coming to end. Their years of effort to make sure no one knew who they were, was going to soon end. They were ready to show the village who they were.

The Heirs.

Author's Note:
Heyllo my little kits. I know it's been a quick second since I've last updated but I got lazy. As simple and stupid as that. That being said, at least I updated right? Lol. Anywhoosers, this is just a quick little filler between the time Naruto and the others became Heirs and to present day where they're assigned teams. Don't worry though, because as the story progresses, I plan to have flashbacks to the time between they were 5 and 13 accordingly to their importance to the storyline.

-Thanks for reading my book,
         AuthorNaruto ;3