4| The Generosity of a Sensei

Naruto sat in his seat next to Sakura, in a ball of hidden nerves. On the outside, he was laughing and talking loudly while mooning over his "crush". His persona was one that required him to like someone, and since Sakura liked Sasuke, he figured liking her would be another issue to further the "rivalry" between the two male Heirs.

"Oh, I hope we get on the same team Sakura-Chan!", the blond boy, grinned. He made sure to give her love struck eyes, while keeping his want to gag, inside of him.

The pinkette only gave him a punch to the head before screeching, "Well I don't! Sasuke and I are going to be on the same team so we can't have a weakling like you with us!"

Sasuke -who was also beside Sakura too- whipped his head to the side as if he wanted to look outside the window. He leaned on his hand and hummed in neither agreement or disagreement, focusing on a leaf that was falling to the ground. In all honesty, it was taking everything inside of the raven haired boy not to bust out laughing at her words.

He snorted mentally, 'If only they knew the dead last was actually a prince far stronger than any of them here'.

Now, what Sasuke had just thought was absolutely true. All those years ago, when Naruto had unlocked his actual Heir powers, Kurama had revealed to them all that Naruto was indeed Prince of the anima kingdom. Yes, his throne and bloodline resided in the foxes lineage, but all animals bowed down to the small, ferocious mammal.

Speaking of Kurama, he was actually in the classroom with the children as well. Yup, the 9 tailed beast that was suppose to be caged up in Naruto, was out in the world as a boy his Jinjurikii's age.

The humanize fox was actually sitting next to Hinata with blazing red hair and his strange black-red eyes. Many feared him because of his eyes, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary for some families to have special bloodlines that gave unusual characteristics. The Hyuuga and Uchiha bloodlines only being two other ones.

He too, had to keep a genjutsu on all times when out of Naruto's mindscape. He couldn't just walk around with 9 tails and fox ears and not expect the Hokage to become suspicious of who he was.

While Kurama was busy carving into his desk with abnormally long and sharp nails in boredom, Hinata was stuck to a fate of staring at the floor with her hands in her lap- playing the part of a shy, demure girl, perfectly.

In all honestly, the boys -those being none other than Naruto, Sasuke, and Kurama- found her persona to be the most difficult to keep. Sure Naruto's idiot persona was constantly undermined and ridiculed while Sasuke's was one that held high expectations and pressure with Kurama's being... well Kurama didn't have to keep a persona up, considering no one knew him or his background, but still. Just imagine having to pretend that you were scared of everything and could hardly talk let to someone let alone look at them. Hers was definitely one that brought loneliness to its peak. Constantly surrounded by her fun peers, longing to join in with everything they did, yet restricted from doing so. All of the boys would take their personas over hers, any day.

"Aww don't be like that!", Naruto whined, throwing himself onto their conjoined desk dramatically. 'Hope that wasn't to over the top... oh who am I kidding, I'm suppose to be', he thought to himself.

"God Naruto, you're so annoying and just overall a nuisance. How you managed to pass the tests, is beyond me!". The pink girl huffed, flipping her hair over her shoulder -and in the process, hitting Naruto in the face with the soft strands- before fluttering her eyes at the "hot and mysterious Avenger".

'Oh I don't know, maybe because all of the tests were practically elementary', Naruto thought bitterly. He longed to snap at her, to give her a piece of his mind, but it was too soon to show the real him. Only one more day, that's all, one more day.